My feed

to access all these features

Discuss horse riding and ownership on our Horse forum.

The tack room


2 replies

roseyposeysmum · 13/11/2013 17:28

my dd has been riding for a year now and has a pony on loan, i was looking at insurance and wondered if there was somewhere that did insuranc for kids that ride, i have also been told that BHS Gold is a good insurance to have.

Can anybody help ?



OP posts:
Lexis1980 · 13/11/2013 18:15

Hi I was under the impression BHS Gold will not cover you if you pay for your loan / share (ie money changes hands). I might be wrong so I suggest you contact the BHS to find out the terms and conditions and make sure it covers your specific situation.

I have a Petplan policy which is specifically designed for people who ride but don't own or permanently loan a horse. Not sure whether it would cover kids or not. Oh and I pay £8 ish per month.

Lexis1980 · 13/11/2013 18:19

Oh and should add that includes some amount of personal injury insurance for me and also a certain amount of cover in case anything happens to the horse whilst in my care (ie emergency vets fees)

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.