Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Mumsnet does not check the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you're worried about the health of your horse, please speak to a vet or qualified professional.

Generous

molliemol · 07/03/2012 23:29

A bit of a blast from the past- does anyone remember the Derby winner, Generous? I loved him as a youngster and have been trying to find out where he is at stud ( if he still is). He has moved a lot I think and a few of the studs seem to have closed down. Any ideas where he is now? Cheers x

OP's posts:
Please
or

Callisto · 08/03/2012 08:22

I think I remember Generous - was he the gorgeous chestnut TB? I'll have a look in my friends Stallion Book if I get the chance.

Please
or

frostyfingers · 08/03/2012 09:11

Racing Post has him standing at Scarvagh House Stud in Ireland, but that's info from 2009 and I can't find anything more recent. There's a Scarvagh House website set up 2011 but it doesn't have any more info. I can't find out whether he's still alive either.

Please
or

molliemol · 08/03/2012 11:28

Yes, he was the beautiful chestnut stallion from about 20 years ago. I can't find him past 2009 either. I e mailed the stud but have not had a reply, so drawn a blank. Thanks for your help so far- I'm sure with all this excellent detective work we can track him down!

OP's posts:
Please
or

Callisto · 08/03/2012 12:12

I've drawn a blank as to his whereabouts too. Perhaps he is dead as he was foaled in 1988 so he will be 24 this year.

Please
or

molliemol · 08/03/2012 13:55

I thought it would be easy to trace a Famous retired racehorse as they are all registered somewhere, but not the case it seems. I love him when I was younger and really followed racing, but work and family took over. I've regained my interest now and was wondering where he was. Not to worry- thanks for your help.

OP's posts:
Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.