Any LRC coordinators out there?
MissJacksonlfYoureNasty · 30/03/2022 19:55
Setting up a new resource centre from scratch. I have questions, lots of them. Grateful to anyone who has any tips, advice or words of encouragement. Thank you in advance
- Do you use Advanced Reader? How much does it cost?
- Do you use Reading Cloud? How much does it cost?
- Are you a librarian with school/teaching experience or a teacher learning librarianship on the job?
- Do you use your library school services e.g. rolling etc How much does it cost?
- What did you think was essential to a successful setting up?
Thank you so much for any help and insight
MissJacksonlfYoureNasty · 30/03/2022 20:30
MissJacksonlfYoureNasty · 30/03/2022 21:22
JanglyBeads · 31/03/2022 22:02
What's yr situation? Secondary or primary?
Do you mean Accelerated Reader rather than Advanced, sorry if you don't?
I'm asst librarian in a secondary.
JanglyBeads · 01/04/2022 23:35
Are you about OP?
mumofEandE · 06/04/2022 18:16
Ex LRC manager here
How great to set it up from scratch!
In my school we use Accelerated Reader
IME making sure books are contemporary/ v well organised
Non fiction - stocked what the topics were
Clear shelf labelling / sections
To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.