Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Parents evening? 2x 2 hours next week

Awaywiththeclouds · 20/06/2021 15:57

New school- primary. They do 2 days 4pm-6pm three times a year is that within the teaching allocated hours? All prev schools only did 1 parents evening (2 hours x each term).

OP's posts:
Please
or

MrsHamlet · 20/06/2021 16:00

If it's in your directed time budget, yesz

Please
or

AttaGirrrrl · 20/06/2021 16:35

Like @MrsHamlet said, your school should have a published ‘directed time budget’. Sometimes this is sent to staff; sometimes you have to ask for it. If the parents’ evenings are part of directed time then, yes, they can do it.

Please
or

Loshad · 20/06/2021 16:48

We do 4 hour parents evenings ( and 2 a year for y11 and 13) allegedly it is all accounted for in our directed time budget 🙃 they are a kille

Please
or

MrsHamlet · 20/06/2021 17:10

You are entitled to see your DT budget. In fact, your union rep really should see it before it goes out to staff.

Please
or

LolaSmiles · 20/06/2021 17:15

It will depend on your directed time budget. It could very well fit in directed time given that secondary teachers can find themselves doing 4 or 5 a year, and 7 if you teach 6th form

Please
or

Loshad · 20/06/2021 21:26

Oh i’ve seen ours Mrs H but it is a work of fiction, unions have mentioned it in the past and got no where.

Please
or

HopeValley · 21/06/2021 08:22

We used to do 2 days of parents' evenings twice a year, but no staff meeting that week which I guess cancelled out one evening.

I'm curious as to whether anyone working in a primary has ever seen a DT schedule? I was forever being asked to stay for extra transition meetings, new parent meetings etc. Have never heard anyone mention directed time in any primary school I've worked in - have others?

Please
or

spanieleyes · 21/06/2021 19:14

No, never seen one either!

Please
or

likeafishneedsabike · 21/06/2021 21:14

As a part time secondary teacher I had an individual meeting with the head teacher about my directed tine budget (he arranged it, not me!) Sounds like primary colleagues need to start pushing for a similarly structured approach to the 1265.

Please
or

MrsHamlet · 22/06/2021 07:14

Part timers are entitled to their own DT calendar

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.