Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

NQT job interview.

jimjambob · 24/01/2021 09:14

Hi There,

I'm applying for a NQT position in KS1 and wondered if anyone could give me an idea of the questions I may be asked in the interview?

Many thanks

OP's posts:
Please
or

Rachellow · 25/01/2021 00:10

Always safeguarding! Make sure you know the safeguarding policy back to back it looks good if you can mention the designated safeguarding lead by name.
The classic why are you attracted to this school/job be specific and name drop stuff they do etc and why you’d be great. Eg “I love the fact you do debating club as I do a lot of drama and enjoy helping children make their voices heard and I try to incorporate this in my lessons. Last week I did a debate with my Y5s on school uniform” always include specific examples and back yourself up!
Also a common one is issues in the education world, obvious is COVID but think beyond that too maybe think about impact on early years specifically
You might get inclusion questions especially if it’s a diverse school or has higher levels of deprivation/SEN
make sure you have an answer to how will you support the ethos of this school especially guaranteed if it’s a faith school. If catholic drop in the “distinctive nature of catholic education” and explain it.
Quite common is how you would work with teaching assistants
If they walked in a lesson what would your class be like
Definitely behaviour management just learn their policy and apply it in your answer
An example of a really good lesson/series
How you responded to criticism/feedback
You might get a difficult parent answer too, I had one where I was asked twice how would I deal with mentally ill parents which always made me feel like I’d been lucky I’m not getting that job

Please
or

jimjambob · 31/01/2021 10:05

Thank you so much!!!

OP's posts:
Please
or

dapsnotplimsolls · 31/01/2021 11:54

I'd add to the above post that you might get asked about Covid gaps in their learning and what you'd do about it.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.