Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

A level mock exams

sleepwouldbenice · 06/01/2021 21:18

Hello all
Just a sense of perspective please
My daughter's mock A levels are due shortly after half term as I assume most are
Given the cancellation of exams would you really expect schools to do mocks? It just seems the uncertainty would make it a waste of time and also the idea of lots of kids being in halls together so soon after schools will allegedly go back....

Don't worry I won't let my DD do nothing. She's just in a panic as she doesn't think her year 12 work was great as she struggled in the first lockdown due to being dyslexic and her plans to try to catch up are in disarray . She's not sure where to focus her time now
Thanks

OP's posts:
Please
or

sleepwouldbenice · 06/01/2021 21:18

All humanities if that helps

OP's posts:
Please
or

sleepwouldbenice · 07/01/2021 10:46

Bump?

OP's posts:
Please
or

MrsHamlet · 07/01/2021 14:25

We don't know. No one knows. It's shit.

Please
or

sleepwouldbenice · 07/01/2021 14:39

Aah drat. Thanks for responding though
I was all in favour of the actusl exams if possible tbh but now they are scrapped I personally feel that putting so much weight on a different set of exams so early in the possible steps of coming out of lockdown, is bonkers
But stating the obvious I know

OP's posts:
Please
or

SeasonFinale · 07/01/2021 16:21

If they are back at school and in a year group bubble by the time her mocks are due there is no reason why they should not go ahead if the desks are adequately spaced out in the halls/rooms they use.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.