Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

September training days

Quietlifewanted · 06/08/2020 20:17

Just wondering how the plans for the usual training days in September are looking in your school? Currently my place has plans for 70+ teachers sitting in a hall for 3 hours together. I haven't been in the company of more than 5 other people since March and I'm feeling a bit anxious!

OP's posts:
Please
or

differentname · 06/08/2020 20:39

We had training just before we broke up. Met socially distanced in departments but whole staff sessions were on Zoom.

Please
or

Hercwasonaroll · 06/08/2020 20:45

We're being split into 2 groups to socially distance in the hall. Tbh it will be boring AF and having people around is usually the only way I stay awake.

Please
or

user1471525172 · 07/08/2020 09:33

We're doing it via teams although staff will be on site.

Please
or

Fuzzyspringroll · 09/08/2020 06:00

We're starting back tomorrow with a whole-staff meeting in the hall. Everyone is expected to wear masks and we are meant to keep a distance to other people. (We are a through school for ages 6 months to 18 years, so quite a few staff members. )
We then have a range of team meetings and section meetings (i.e. only the primary school staff) throughout the week.
I teach abroad, though, and rules here are different. Anxiety levels are also lower than in the UK. That's at least what it feels like from reading posts on MN.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.