Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Primary teachers - Do you know which year/class you have in September yet or when will you be told?

AnOfficerAtLeastOneRankHigher · 11/05/2019 19:56

Just curious about when people usually get told. Obviously nothing is cast in stone until the resignation date has passed, but how many of you already know?

OP's posts:
Please
or

BackforGood · 11/05/2019 23:22

Not in school anymore, but generally not until end of June.
I prefer the later the better, tbh - otherwise it seems to be all about looking to what is happening next year and 1/4 of the current years seems to get written off.

Please
or

SprogletsMum · 11/05/2019 23:23

Not a teacher but my DC's school told parents on Friday where the teachers are next year.

Please
or

AnduinsGirl · 11/05/2019 23:35

We're currently trying to sort staff for next year at ours. We' have 2 staff pregnant, 2 on a phased return and 2 at risk of capability - it's really not an easy task so don't imagine staff will know until July, unfortunately.

Please
or

Fizzyhedgehog · 12/05/2019 05:46

I'm keeping my class but that's because I teach an all-through primary class in which the teachers stay the same for the whole of primary. We then just get new little ones every year and hand our oldest ones up to secondary.

Please
or

Yellowcar2 · 12/05/2019 06:11

We rarely find out til the start of July.

Please
or

MeanzBeanz · 12/05/2019 08:24

It depends if we have to take on new staff or not.

When we do it's late - July usually. But this year people who left left mid-year and no one else is going so we found out this week.

Please
or

Aragog · 12/05/2019 08:38

Not yet. They won't sort at all generally until after half term when the deadline for staff handing in their notice has passed.

Normally our teachers and TAs found out around the same time - maybe mid June. Our transition timetable starts then so hopefully!.

It's been as late as a week or two before break up in the past. That was rubbish - no time for proper transition.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.