Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Sick days

sicklyteacher · 12/02/2019 20:51

Name changed for this!

I'm an NQT. I've had 4 days off sick since September. One with a migraine, one with panic attacks and two consecutive days when medication for said panic attacks just made it all worse. I've been told by the NQT co-ordinator that I've had too many days off and I really need to be in school.

Fast forward to today. I've got a horrible cold virus that has knocked me for six, and a broken bone. I struggled through today with worksheets and videos, but I'm not sure I can do that for the rest of the week. I feel like I've been hit by a bus, but I am nervous about taking more time off.

Can school do anything about 5 days off in one and a half terms?

OP's posts:
Please
or

Redcrayonisthebest · 12/02/2019 21:30

In our school it's ten days in total, 7 days together or more than 3 separate occasions. So this would be your third occasion and after that they'd be preparing to send you to occupational health.
In your case it could possibly affect your NQT year or permanency in the school but I'm not sure about that??
Sending hugs though, it's crap because you can't help being ill. I've also had 2x2 days off with a bad back this year so now I'm soldiering in with the horrible cold virus and no sleep. Not pretty is it?

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.