Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Back to teaching

CourgettiSpaghetti · 03/06/2018 10:42

I taught for 10 years in ks1/2 and have since had 10 years out as I had my own kids. How easy would it be to get into teaching? Has anyone else gone back into education after such a long time out? How did you find it?

OP's posts:
Please
or

oneisoneandallalone · 03/06/2018 18:57

I had 7 years out; went in to my children's school as a parent helper which led to supply at that school (and a year's 2-days a week maternity cover) which gave me up-to-date experience on my CV when I came to apply for a full time position 6 years later. Felt like an easing back into things, and a chance to learn how things had changed while I'd been out of teaching.

Please
or

BingTheButterflySlayer · 05/06/2018 07:42

I'm struggling to get back into it to be honest - I'm going to have to go via the supply to start route, but agencies are being incredibly obstructive about demanding every nanosecond of the gap I've had for having the kids has a full reference history for it, and since Mr Tumble doesn't do reference requests... I'm kinda fucked at the moment.

Kids' school are trying to help me in terms of getting experience back in class and references from that point onwards - but I'm still knacked by this reference gap from the period that I had to go off supply because of pregnancy related problems until the point they started at the school. Still trying to work a way around it to be honest.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.