Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Teachers Advice re: contacting sons teacher.

newbed · 17/08/2017 16:12

My youngest son had a shit year in P1. He was terrified of the teacher and bullied by two of the lads at his table. Despite numerous visits to the school it took until after Christmas for his to be moved and then we discovered after Easter that because some other parent complained he had been moved back. Anyway that's all been dealt with as far as that teacher is concerned. However, my son is in the lowest reading group as are the two bullies and He is terrified to the point of nightmares that he is going to be at their table again. We have worked hard all summer improving his reading etc. I need to contact his now P2 teacher before they go back to tel her all this and ask that he isn't put at the table with these boys. Should I write a letter now asking her to contact me before the kids start back or should I phone hoping to get her. Please I'd appreciate ur advice.

OP's posts:
Please
or

noblegiraffe · 17/08/2017 16:22

If school hasn't gone back yet then there's probably no point in phoning. Are there any training days before the kids start back that the teacher will be in for?
I think email would probably better than a letter.

Please
or

newbed · 17/08/2017 16:30

I think the teachers are in a couple days before the kids. We aren't given their emails so I don't have an email contact for her.

OP's posts:
Please
or

noblegiraffe · 17/08/2017 16:31

If you email the main school contact then they should be able to forward it on. Or you could email the school asking the teacher to give you a ring.

Please
or

newbed · 17/08/2017 17:59

Ok will defo try that then. Thanks X

OP's posts:
Please
or

GreenTulips · 18/08/2017 01:04

You are doing the right thing with the reading

Are you teaching the phonics?

Look up oxford owl app some is free some Is paid for but it works wonders

Please
or

PumpkinPie2016 · 18/08/2017 09:26

Am I right in saying you are in Scotland? Just thinking as you refer to P1 and P2?

If so, then I think your schools are back next week? So, I would ring the main school number as someone is likely to be in school even if not everyone is. Explain to whoever answers that you urgently need to speak to Mrs X regarding your son and could she contact you asap before the children return either by phone/email. She may be in school or they may be able to give you her school email address.

Good luck and I hope you get sorted!

Please
or

GreenTulips · 18/08/2017 09:52

Teacher will likely do reading with them in the first week - so she may look a thing the groups, however others might have done the say as you and Theresa no where for him to go group wise

Other than guided reading there shouldn't be a need for literacy groups and it's easier to have 2 high 2 middle 2 lower in a group as they help each other and the teacher can help the lowers

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.