Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Who will support Queen now Prince Philip dead - covid

Whatnameisgood · 17/04/2021 15:19

Now that Prince Phillip is dead, which close friends and family are living with the Queen to support her? Like any recently bereaved widow she needs to see her loved ones but tricky with covid. Does anyone know what will happen?

OP's posts:
Please
or

Sparklingbrook · 17/04/2021 16:23

I have no idea of the Queen’s domestic living arrangements. I assume she has a lady in waiting.

Please
or

EdithWeston · 17/04/2021 16:32

She has 'HMS Bubble' which is a slimmed down household with staff (on rota, I assume) in varying degrees on isolation from the rest of the world. With strict distancing as well

It means that some, such as a lady-in-waiting can share space, such as in the car.

Contact with family, now Prince Philip has died, will probably be reassessed

I'm glad she has dogs again

Please
or

MrsTerryPratchett · 17/04/2021 16:35

I know a woman with terminal cancer who has one daughter, in another country. She's struggling to feed herself and home care are not managing to get in every time because of her deteriorating cognitive state.

She doesn't have enormous wealth, servants, the best healthcare in the world, several children and grandchildren close by.

If you want to help isolated elderly people, there are many ways you can. Charities will connect you with ways you can help.

Please
or

JustLyra · 17/04/2021 16:36

Her bubble will remain in place and it’s been said she’ll be accompanied on all engagements by another member of the family.

Please
or

HermioneWeasley · 17/04/2021 16:39

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Please
or

SoupDragon · 17/04/2021 17:03

Message deleted by MNHQ as it quotes a deleted post

Please
or

Loveistheonlyway · 17/04/2021 17:05

HermioneWeasley

Jesus, there's always one isn't there

Please
or

Whereisthewarmth · 17/04/2021 19:11

Op whilst she will undoubtedly need support, she's been living essessentially different lives to Philip for years and years! In different parts of the UK even.

Sudden death when one day your talking to someone and the next day your not is horrific to bear... Whilst this will be upsetting... And she will of course grieve.. She is very used to being apart from him.

Please
or

Arbadacarba · 17/04/2021 19:12

A Lady in Waiting accompanied her in the car today.

Please
or

JustLyra · 17/04/2021 19:13

Bar the time he’s been in hospital they’ve been together every day for the last year. She was used to busy lives apart, but she’s likely got very used to being together at Windsor

Please
or

buffyp · 17/04/2021 20:12

@Whereisthewarmth

Op whilst she will undoubtedly need support, she's been living essessentially different lives to Philip for years and years! In different parts of the UK even.

Sudden death when one day your talking to someone and the next day your not is horrific to bear... Whilst this will be upsetting... And she will of course grieve.. She is very used to being apart from him.

Not for the past year she hasn’t.
Please
or

HouseofWindsor · 18/04/2021 12:17

Wessex's will be more visible although I acknowledge they do a lot already but not in limelight.

Think Sophie is very good.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.