Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

William & kate

Bouncingbelle · 13/06/2020 22:43

Watching a programme about them on tv & just wondered:

Did princess Charlotte return to school when they opened last week?
Do people think George will be sent to boarding school at 7 or 8 like William?

I know, I know, I need to get a life! But I quite like these 2 royals!

OP's posts:
Please
or

Inspiralcarpetry · 14/06/2020 11:08

I like them too! I'd like to think George will go to a suitably 'nice' non boarding school. Kate and William seem like loving modern parents so it would be nice to keep raising their children themselves and not pack them off to boarding school.

Please
or

AlexandPea · 14/06/2020 11:21

I think they’ll probably go to boarding school at 13 (for the boys) and 11 for Charlotte. Both Kate and Wills boarded and apparently enjoyed it.

Please
or

Bouncingbelle · 16/06/2020 00:14

I’d like to think they would keep them at home as they seem to want to be a ‘normal’ family, but I guess boarding school IS their normal. Hope they wait till the children are that bit older tho. Have a feeling they may choose a school where all the children can board together.

OP's posts:
Please
or

EdithWeston · 17/06/2020 09:11

They've chosen a day prep which goes through to 13, so I suspect they might keep them at home until secondary.

My guess if that boys to Eton (as that's the cheapest for security because close protection teams can live in staff accommodation at Windsor Castle, or commute easily from London)

Other obvious possibility for Princess Charlotte or for all of them if they want coed would be Marlborough. Though I suppose like all parents, if their DC have very different characters, they might send them all to different schools - at least they'd be able to afford all,the associated costs and admin that goes with that

Please
or

BasiliskStare · 08/07/2020 20:45

I suspect the boys may go to Eton like their father ( as a pp has said - near to Granny's house ) and I suspect Charlotte Marlborough. It would be lovely to see something different but I suspect they will do day school up until then ( so not boarding prep)

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.