My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Join our community of cat lovers on the Mumsnet Cat forum for kitten advice and help with cat behaviour.

The litter tray

Kittens have left the garden for the first time today and I am freaking out!

6 replies

FreakoidOrganisoid · 06/11/2011 13:02

What if they get stuck somewhere, or lost, or stolen, or run over, or attacked????

Aaaaaaaarrrrgh!!!

They are still so tiny (18 weeks old) and I didn't want to let them out yet really but they've been desperate and bomb at the door as soon as they hear me approach it (have nearly shut them in it a few times) so I got them some collars with my number on (they are also chipped) and have just started to let them into the back garden...then today they got up on the fence and went exploring. And I'm a nervous wreck!

OP posts:
Fluffycloudland77 · 06/11/2011 14:34

Are they neutered?

Bohica · 06/11/2011 14:37

They will be fine. I sat at the back door waiting for mine to come home at that age and they just trooped back in like they hadn't been gone for hours and then slept for the rest of the day Smile

FreakoidOrganisoid · 06/11/2011 17:27

They both reappeared at about 2pm Smile

One of them (the bigger stronger girl one)went back out later but has come home again. I shut her out and she came running as soon as I opened the door again.

Little runty boy one has been asleep all afternoon. he's not very good at climbing or jumping yet so it's probably worn him out.

No not neutered yet, that's partly why I didn't want them out yet.

OP posts:
Onemorning · 06/11/2011 17:38

I remember how terrified I was when mine went out for the first time. I'm glad they had a good time.

Everlong · 06/11/2011 20:15

This reply has been deleted

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

FreakoidOrganisoid · 06/11/2011 20:33

Vet said they could go out after their second jabs but I did initially want to keep them in til afterwards yes

OP posts:
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.