My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Join our community of cat lovers on the Mumsnet Cat forum for kitten advice and help with cat behaviour.

The litter tray

Can I feed my cats - they are getting spayed tomorrow morning, and I cannot find the information leaflet.

4 replies

GetOrfMo1Land · 03/11/2011 19:53

I am sure that the leaflet said not to feed them prior to the op - but I cannot remember if it is from the night before, or the morning of the operation.

They last had something to eat at 4pm. Should I restrict their food now? I have fed my elder 2 cats but the poor kittens are prowling round starving.

And can I let them drink water, or shall I take their water bowl away?

OP posts:
purpleknittingmum · 03/11/2011 20:54

when our male cat was done, I am sure we had to starve him from 8pm the night before

I think you can let them have water, not sure

Samvet · 03/11/2011 20:57

Feed them now then no more. Really need minimum 8 hr starve so fine and they are kittens so need regular meals. Water up at midnight (although first thing in am fine too in reality).

GetOrfMo1Land · 03/11/2011 21:05

Thank you so much.

I will let them have some food now - they are only just 6 months and are quite little, so feel very sorry for staving them when their fat cat housemates are able to eat.

Thanks again.

OP posts:
tabulahrasa · 03/11/2011 21:48

Not that mine have been in for a ridiculous amount if sedations and anaesthetic recently...

I'm always told, no food from 9 and no water once you're up in the morning

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.