Threads

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Mumsnet does not check the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you're worried about your pet's health, please speak to a vet or qualified professional.

Does anyone have a Hurtta rain blocker dog coat?

Breathlessness · 10/12/2019 15:21

Like this? How is the sizing? Are they good? My dog seems to have a very long back for the neck/chest measurements and I’m not sure if I should go for the 50 or 55cm size.

I really want a coat that stays on well (this has front leg ‘sleeves’) while leaving the back free (she hates anything fitted near her bits and waddle walks Hmm )

Has anyone got any other suggestions for good rainproof coats? She’s one for tearing through the bushes after squirrels so nothing that might end up with her stuck on a sapling or is easily torn by thorns please.

Does anyone have a Hurtta rain blocker dog coat?
OP's posts:
Please
or

Bobstergirl · 10/12/2019 17:22

We used it on our dogs in the Scottish Highlands snow weather to stop fur balls. It kept the dogs dry in the places that it covers.

I am not sure if it would stand up to being dragged through the bushes though.

Sizing was generous and we went down a size if in between eg 24" fitted our 25" dog.

It was easy to put on as the dogs just stepped into it.

Our guys run around a lot and I it would be hot in normal conditions - you also have a very wet coat to dry rather than a wet dog so all in all I would not use it just for a wet day.

Please
or

Breathlessness · 10/12/2019 17:28

Thanks. It would be for the worst weather - days when it’s driving rain and strong winds or snow.

OP's posts:
Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.