Threads

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Mumsnet does not check the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you're worried about your pet's health, please speak to a vet or qualified professional.

Lights for night walks

OrangeLola · 02/10/2019 16:55

First dog post!
I wonder if anyone would recommend a collar or lead or lights to illuminate a small/medium (10kg) dog?
Thank you

OP's posts:
Please
or

sleepismysuperpower1 · 02/10/2019 17:10

i have this light up lead and i also have this harness which lights up (i put a collar on the dog also so i can clip the lead on)

Please
or

adaline · 02/10/2019 17:35

We have a reflective collar and we attach Spotlit LED lights to his collar too.

We also use a head torch for us when it's dark so we have hands free.

Please
or

OrangeLola · 02/10/2019 18:24

Thank you for your help Smile

OP's posts:
Please
or

LimeJellyHead · 20/11/2019 11:16

Lumitube by Red Dingo is excellent. Nice 360 degree glow Smile

Please
or

JennyK76 · 22/11/2019 16:49

The best thing is a high vis dog coat (https://www.doggiesolutions.co.uk/high-visibility-reflective-dog-jackets-7563-0.html). They provide the biggest surface area for reflection and most importantly they work in every direction. Collars or collar jewels only work when viewed from certain angles.

Please
or

SharkasticBitch · 22/11/2019 22:50

I think it depends on why you need it.

To see a dog off lead in a dark field = a light up collar.

So a dog is easily seen by cars passing on the road = reflective harness.

To see the dog poo so you can pick it up or see where you are going = a head torch.

Please
or

StillMedusa · 22/11/2019 23:01

I have a light up beany hat (Amazon..and it's usb rechargable) Brilliant for picking up poos in the dark as I can just press the button and then don't need a hand for a torch.
www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07SBH9QRK/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?psc=1&tag=mumsnetforu03-21&ie=UTF8

And these lights..they come with a band that attaches them to a harness or collar.
www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B019V7KWT6/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s01?psc=1&tag=mumsnetforu03-21&ie=UTF8

Please
or

Scattyhattie · 23/11/2019 07:36

I got some like these from aldi in the past that were good for price, could press a button to glow or flash, glow is less distracting on the eyes while onlead.
www.amazon.co.uk/Gemini_mall%C2%AE-Collar-Rechargeable-Waterproof-Flashing/dp/B071XR4H7Q?tag=mumsnetforu03-21
Did also have a cheap reflective vest for the dog too which was easy to put on over any coats etc.

Please
or

MartyrGuacamole · 23/11/2019 08:26

My very fluffy dog has a reflective julius k9 harness with glow in the dark strips. He also has a couple of key ring lights I attached to it which glow, flash or flash very quickly. Collars don't work for him as they sit too low in his fur :)

Please
or

OrangeLola · 22/12/2019 09:47

Thank you for the advice. The torch beanie is a brilliant idea.

OP's posts:
Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.