Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Mumsnet does not check the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you're worried about your pet's health, please speak to a vet or qualified professional.

Adopting a retired greyhound-advice please!!

Hodgeheg3 · 16/03/2019 22:10

We’ve been thinking about adopting a rescue dog for a while and after lots of discussions and dog walks with friends who have dogs and several visits to dog rescues we think a greyhound would suit us BUT neither DH nor I have owned a dog before so I want to make sure we’re being realistic. DH works from home most of the time, I work 4 days a week, 3 days in the office and 1 from home and our DDs are 11 and 7. In terms of walks, the plan would be that we’d take the dog out 3 times a day, morning, lunchtime and eve plus we have a garden so I think my DDs would play with him or her outside after school. Does that sound like enough? We don’t anticipate leaving the dog home alone much but I realise things like going out for lunch or to the cinema would be out for a while. Is there anything I should be considering?? I would hate to adopt a dog and it not work because I hadn’t considered the extent to which our lifestyle would need to change. All advice v welcome!

OP's posts:
Please
or

Babygrey7 · 18/03/2019 17:41

I never adopted an ex racer, but have a reject greyhound cross.

They are very sweet, and mine only needs an hour walk a day

3 times seems a lot 😁

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.