Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Clothing for young teens

littlebillie · 23/07/2017 21:14

My DD is 13 and has grown a lot recently but she has skinny legs and arms and a big belly, I assume this a pre a big growth spurt and puberty. I am stuggling to find clothes which are fashionable, not slashed or show off her belly. Any ideas where we go to shop?

OP's posts:
Please
or

mumma24 · 25/07/2017 08:50

I have 12 and 14 year old, both wear small mens/womens. Have you tried H&M, new look, river island

Please
or

whatsleep · 31/07/2017 15:29

Primark ladies clothes start at a size 4 or 6. My dd 13 has had a few things from there recently. Although trousers are no good as far to long!

Please
or

SafeToCross · 31/07/2017 15:58

I have started to look at size 4s and up on ASOS and Boohoo for dd, but it is a bit hit and miss - watch out for necklines being too low/big, and some items too tight, some too big, so it is unpredicatable. Otherwise we do Primark, New Look, H and M. I would look at the Top Shop petite range but their stuff is kind of odd this season. Dorothy Perkins Petite might also be useful.

Please
or

GetOffTheTableMabel · 31/07/2017 16:02

Zara goes up to age 14. Also Next & Gap. I tend to find we can use adult clothing for tops but trousers are too long/wrong shape unless I get a specific teen size. George at Asda v good for jeans/jeggings.

Please
or

littlebillie · 01/08/2017 15:58

Thank you its getting harder and she is getting upset.

OP's posts:
Please
or

SheSparkles · 01/08/2017 15:59

I've always found New Look good for younger teens -on trend but without being too adult

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.