My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Thinking about a tattoo or piercing? Find inspiration and advice on our Tattoo forum.

Tattoos

Nipple piercing & tattoos

25 replies

Darcy37 · 22/04/2022 00:59

Hi All,
Has anyone had their nipples pierced? I’m thinking of it but I’ve big boobs and wear t shirts all the time. Don’t wear padded bras as big enough already, are piercings noticeable in ordinary bra & t shirt? What u think of mum in 40’s with piercings and tattoos? Thinking of upper thigh tattoo, too old?

OP posts:
ladydimitrescu · 22/04/2022 01:26

I have my nipples pierced and a huge thigh piece, so I'm biased - but I love mine. You'll be able to see your piercings in a non padded bra, depending on the bra and on the day! Go for it if it makes you feel good!

Marty13 · 22/04/2022 01:27

There is no such thing as "too old" for a tattoo. Any 20 year old with a tattoo will someday be a 40yo with a tattoo.

Darcy37 · 22/04/2022 10:11

Thanks for reply, how did u find getting ur nipples pierced, how long did it take to heal? My breasts are DD already so big enough without padded bras. Do u have other tattoos or piercing?

OP posts:
Fashiontatts · 22/04/2022 10:13

If you've no other tattoos, an upper thigh piece is a good start.... easy enough to be hidden away but easy enough to show in shorts/dresses/bikinis when the mood strikes! 🙂 and also not terribly sore to get done 👍🏻🤣

Darcy37 · 22/04/2022 10:14

Thanks, your right I’ve already 2 tattoos & planning more. All can be hidden except if in swim suit. Poss get foot one but not sure as they tend to fade a lot. Have u any tattoos or piercing?

OP posts:
Fashiontatts · 22/04/2022 10:14

And I think age is irrelevant!

Perpetualstateofchaos · 22/04/2022 10:17

Age is irrelevant imo. Im 36 and have got both my nipples done and didn't find it painful at all. Got my navel repierced recently to cover some op scars. I want a thigh piece to add to my collection. I have a foot tattoo that's 3 years old and not faded at all yet.

Fashiontatts · 22/04/2022 10:18

@Darcy37

Thanks, your right I’ve already 2 tattoos & planning more. All can be hidden except if in swim suit. Poss get foot one but not sure as they tend to fade a lot. Have u any tattoos or piercing?
Yeah, I'm fairly tattooed... (one full sleeve, one half sleeve, both legs mostly covered - thighs, shins, calves - and a random smattering of other ones dotted about on back, stomach, hip etc)
However, I work in professional setting (on mat leave at the mo!) and none visible in trousers/blouse combo. When most coworkers see me outside of work for the first time, it's met with cries of "oh I had no idea you had tattoos!"
Fashiontatts · 22/04/2022 10:20

@Perpetualstateofchaos

Age is irrelevant imo. Im 36 and have got both my nipples done and didn't find it painful at all. Got my navel repierced recently to cover some op scars. I want a thigh piece to add to my collection. I have a foot tattoo that's 3 years old and not faded at all yet.
I've avoided a foot tattoo so far because I am 99% certain I would kick like a donkey at the sensation 🤣
Perpetualstateofchaos · 22/04/2022 12:34

Fashiontatts · 22/04/2022 10:20

@Perpetualstateofchaos

I've avoided a foot tattoo so far because I am 99% certain I would kick like a donkey at the sensation 🤣

Certain areas just felt weird only a bit painful in certain places I was expecting worse as someone said just before I went in it was absolutely awful. I personally found just inside my hip worse

TiptowThroughTheToadstools · 22/04/2022 12:35

I have my nipple pierced, I'm 39. I love mine!

TiptowThroughTheToadstools · 22/04/2022 12:36

I also have loads of tattoos and I'm planning more!

Darcy37 · 22/04/2022 14:34

good to hear someone with unfaded foot tattoo. Seriously considering it if I get thigh done and one covered that I hate on lower stomach. Just back from getting new jewellery in tragus and daith repierced. Planning on conch in few weeks

OP posts:
Darcy37 · 22/04/2022 14:35

What’s ur fav tattoo and where was most & least painful? Like idea of side boob, too many ideas.

OP posts:
FfeminyddCymraeg · 22/04/2022 14:37

I had both my nipples pierced a couple of years back and one just wouldn’t properly heal - I ended up taking the both of them out after about 18 months because it was becoming a constant faff. I loved them otherwise though.

Ive also got a foot tattoo (about 16 years ago now) and it’s not faded at all really - certainly no worse than any of my others.

Darcy37 · 22/04/2022 14:37

How long did they take to heal? I’d love mine done but unsure due to visibility issue. V conservative environment so want them hidden 99% of time

OP posts:
Darcy37 · 22/04/2022 14:40

When u had them where they visible? I’ve DD boobs & generally don’t wear padded bras.

how long did foot tattoo take to heal? Thinking of Lillie on foot

OP posts:
Darcy37 · 22/04/2022 14:41

How long did it take to get ur thigh tattoo done? R u planning anymore.

OP posts:
FfeminyddCymraeg · 22/04/2022 14:58

I also have DD boobs and they were visible in non-padded bras. I work in a professional environment so had to be aware and wear a lightly padded bra if it was needed.

Foot didn’t take long to heal - it was warm enough to wear flip flops so it scabbed over pretty quickly. It would be tricky if you had to wear shoes that covered it up continuously through the day, I would think.

ladydimitrescu · 22/04/2022 23:34

My thigh piece was 4 hours. I also have an under boob/sternum tattoo, and 11 other smaller ones.
Piercings nipples and nose. Absolutely fine having them pierced, didn't hurt and healed fast.

Darcy37 · 23/04/2022 00:05

how was the pain of the thigh & sternum tattoo? Are your tattoos black or coloured. I’m thinking black grey flowers on thigh but coloured on lower stomach hip area.

how long healing the nipples?

OP posts:
TiptowThroughTheToadstools · 24/04/2022 00:44

Bepanthen is magic for tattoos, should heal in 2 weeks or less. My nipple took months to heal properly, but I put this down to it being in a place that moves about a lot, bras, clothes, moving while sleeping etc

Don’t want to miss threads like this?

Weekly

Sign up to our weekly round up and get all the best threads sent straight to your inbox!

You've subscribed!

DropYourSword · 24/04/2022 02:24

Darcy37 · 22/04/2022 14:40

When u had them where they visible? I’ve DD boobs & generally don’t wear padded bras.

how long did foot tattoo take to heal? Thinking of Lillie on foot

I sometimes used to tape mine down with a bandaid which you could try if you're concerned about them being noticeable!

Perpetualstateofchaos · 26/04/2022 00:32

Darcy37 · 22/04/2022 14:35

What’s ur fav tattoo and where was most & least painful? Like idea of side boob, too many ideas.

The inside of my wrist is my favourite purely because of its meaning.

Perpetualstateofchaos · 26/04/2022 00:34

I was advised against this by a few tattooists apparently its old info and can oull colour out of the ink (I was given it about 10 years ago too) Fade the itch is really good does what the name suggests and colours remain.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.