My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Thinking about a tattoo or piercing? Find inspiration and advice on our Tattoo forum.

Tattoos

Piercing sore 6 weeks on

3 replies

mightbealittlebitmad · 04/07/2021 09:45

I had my 3rd holes pierced 6 weeks ago at a reputable tattoo and piercing place. Went back at 3 weeks because they were still sore so got them checked over. They were fine, not infected or swollen but I was recommended surgical spirit instead of salt water for cleaning.

I have been using that for 3 weeks now, aiming for twice a day but sometimes it's only once or l forget completely but I would say they are done twice the majority of the time. Still not infected and getting less sore but still sore when I clean them.

Will they get better eventually? Could it be the earrings?

I had less trouble with both my c sections, pretty sure rhey weren't sore 6 weeks on!

OP posts:
dementedpixie · 04/07/2021 09:49

I'm not sure I'd use surgical spirit tbh
Hope you're not turning them either

MrsBrownTTC · 04/07/2021 22:01

Piercings can take longer to heal because you have an object wedged in there that prevents it, in comparison to tattoos or wounds.
Most places advise 6 weeks minimum for healing, ears can take longer due to environment irritation like hair washing and being exposed.
I wouldn't recommend surgical spirit, salt water should be enough if not infected. If it was the jewelery they'd be swollen.
Hope this helps x

Garcia213 · 20/08/2021 16:34

Healing can usually take longer, but you should see a doctor.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.