My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Thinking about a tattoo or piercing? Find inspiration and advice on our Tattoo forum.

Tattoos

How the hell do you come up with a design??

6 replies

Suckemandsee · 11/12/2018 22:10

I know the letters I want (4 initials in total from my family that spell a very powerful word), I know I want a tiny heart, tiny butterfly and tiny star...but how the frig do I come up with a design for my wrist??

I have Google-imaged and still can’t see what I’d like.

Please talk me through it...I’m a tattoo virgin. How do I design it?!

OP posts:
dementedpixie · 11/12/2018 22:13

Surely it's the tattoo artist that designs it for you from your ideas

Suckemandsee · 11/12/2018 22:22

I don’t even know how to choose an artist. I’m a complete novice.

OP posts:
dementedpixie · 11/12/2018 22:45

I chose one through a recommendation from a friend. Maybe look at portfolios if places have a website or fb page

strawberrypenguin · 12/12/2018 12:32

Google tattoo artists and your local area then look at their websites/Facebook/instagram until you find someone who's style you like. That's how I found mine earlier this year.
A good artist should be able to help you design something that will look amazing.

Janine42 · 21/12/2018 13:25

I asked my Dd to draw out something on a piece of paper and give it to the tattoo artist. I got a massive one on my back and the fact she drew it makes it 100 times more special. Hope this helps -Janine xox

Elphame · 27/12/2018 14:49

What style do you like? Plain? fancy? modern? coloured? etc etc. Once you know that you need to find an artist whose work you like in that style. They should be able to help you come up with a design.

Different artists are good at different styles and I've seen plenty of dreadful results when a good cartoonist attempts a naturalistic image and vice versa.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.