My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Join to connect with others in similar situations and discuss legal processes, costs, well-being, and types of surrogacy.

Surrogacy

Surrogacy- where to start?

6 replies

2021theyear · 18/05/2021 12:20

Hi, my husband and I are considering surrogacy- please can anyone point me in the right direction- not sure where to start! X

OP posts:
OhHolyJesus · 18/05/2021 13:39

I see you have posted on multiple 'zombie' threads on this board OP looking for advice but I'm sure you will find the advice you are looking for by reading through existing threads.

Many of the threads you have posted on already have links and advice to guide you if you read through them including names of Facebook groups to join and surrogacy agencies you can get in contact with.

I'd start with the most recent to get the up to date information.

FannyCann · 19/05/2021 01:57

How odd.

"Hi, I am not sure if this thread is still active" on threads that haven't been posted on for years. Pretty obviously no longer active I would think.

As OhHolyJesus said. There is lots of advice and links on those other threads you have posted on. That may be a good place to start.

physicianssurrogacy · 15/06/2021 10:27

Unfortunately, the best place to start when considering undergoing a surrogacy process would be financed. Fees, bills, and expenses can add up very quickly as surrogacy progresses. Determining expenses will then guide the more detailed parts of the process itself, such as which fertilization techniques are required to produce the embryo and whether or not the intended mother can donate eggs for gestational surrogacy and biological child. Another major decision to make in the early stages of seeking out surrogacy programs is that of working with an agency or working independently.

Agencies streamline the process for those new to surrogacy by outlining and organizing all of the legalities, medical necessities, and overall logistical facets. While independent surrogacy might seem to cost less money and time on the surface, oftentimes this misconception stems from the hidden amount of preparation and organization that falls on the intended parents without the guidance of an agency.

Edbr1 · 15/06/2021 16:07

Hello! I am just starting my journey as well and would be happy to connect if you're interested so we can exchange information on how it seems to work in the UK

Belinda1976 · 14/07/2021 15:38

This reply has been deleted

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

2021theyear · 22/07/2021 19:27

Hey, I’m really sorry I didn’t realise there were any responses to my original post! (I didn’t get the notifications)

Thank you for replying!

I have since my post been doing lots of researching…

We have joined some UK Facebook groups and are now looking at agencies (although I think that some aren’t accepting any new IP’s)

I have heard that there are some private fb groups but I am not sure how to join those..

Also I wonder about whether any surrogates would be willing to start this journey with parents who already have a child, we have a four year old son and want to complete our family x

OP posts:
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.