Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Style & Beauty

So, can anyone help me with a new smart casual work wardrobe?

2 replies

WideWebWitch · 17/08/2005 21:04

I've recently started a new contract and while I have a few suits which are ok, I'm working somewhere where the dress code is smart casual - i.e. the men are in decent shirts all with cuff links but no jackets or ties, women in trousers/smart tops/trendy not-quite-a suit combos. I have NO IDEA where to start, any ideas? I can get to a John Lewis. I'm too fat for my liking (but can shop in normal shops) but don't give me any of that trendy stuff, I'm too old for high fashion, a la gypsy skirts (I know, they're nearly gone but ykwim) type stuff. Any advice? Pre dd I'd have gone for wide legged black trousers/smart shirts but I can't face my legs in trousers until I've lost more weight. TIA.

OP posts:
Please
or

Tinker · 17/08/2005 23:33

Boring and ubiquitous but Next?

Please
or

mancmum · 17/08/2005 23:38

I would for a couple of nice wrap dresses from M+S and a couple of smart jackets.. I have fat legs and hate trousers and find wrap dresses and boots look very smart and flattering...

Also try long smart skirts from monsoon and per una with a knitted top -- no real need for suits and you can wear this stuff out of work with different jewellry etc

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?