Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Style & Beauty

Teeth whitening strips - are they effective?

15 replies

Yoyoyo1 · 25/01/2023 13:00

Thinking of trying them. TIA

OP posts:
Please
or

OhPeggySue · 25/01/2023 13:06

Yes, very. Get the Crest ones from abroad.

Please
or

Yoyoyo1 · 25/01/2023 13:13

Thank you. Would anyone recommend ones i can get in uk shops?

OP posts:
Please
or

watchingpullimgepisode6 · 25/01/2023 13:18

You can't get any decent ones here.
Order crest supreme online. They're amazing

Please
or

Northernlass99 · 25/01/2023 13:36

Didn't work for me.

Please
or

Serenity45 · 25/01/2023 15:14

My friend is cabin crew and brings the Crest ones back - they are amazing! Only ones I have ever used tbf

Please
or

snowday01 · 25/01/2023 15:17

Do you have a trusted site / link for the crest ones?

Please
or

ARoughRide · 25/01/2023 15:18

I ordered the crest ones off Etsy after I’d seen a British Dr on TT, who used to work in the USA, say that’s what he used.

I’m undecided. I think they have worked a bit, maybe I need a few more goes. They do make teeth super sensitive though. I’ve spent around £30 & I’ve taken to cutting the strips in half lengthwise rather than folding around the teeth so I get more strips. After all, whose seeing the back of my teeth?!

Please
or

ARoughRide · 25/01/2023 15:22

I bought a couple of lose strips off Etsy

then bought off here but am getting loads of spam mail & Etsy actually worked out cheaper!
www.ukteethwhitening.com/product-category/crest-3d-teeth-whitening-strips/?gclid=Cj0KCQiAw8OeBhCeARIsAGxWtUxXU1_dWkyMhml3eQrLs-dRhaQG9qw0pU4na1xOKF90EhZLGy0Wr5waAq-xEALw_wcB

Please
or

bananaboats · 25/01/2023 16:22

Yes to crest whites, I buy the 3d white ones from uk teeth whitening .com I would bother with any of the ones you can buy in the UK shops they don't work in my experience.

Please
or

bigchanges1 · 25/01/2023 16:31

I have used the crest 3d strips bought from uk teeth whitening for the last 2 days and can see a difference.

I bought enough for 10 days and will wear them for 30 minutes each day.

Please
or

Penguinsista · 25/01/2023 16:42

Crest. I have mine sent to me from America

Please
or

TulipVictory · 25/01/2023 16:43

I tried the crest ones and they definitely work and really whitened my teeth however after each use my teeth were left very sore and sensitive about 12 hours afterwards and probably lasted another 12 hours. So much so that it'd wake me up from my sleep

Please
or

Helenahandkart · 25/01/2023 17:02

Do they only remove stains, or actually affect the tooth itself? Even after my teeth are cleaned at the dentist they’re still really brown/yellow. I think my enamel is thin. Would the Crest strips make a difference?

Please
or

ARoughRide · 25/01/2023 18:49

Probably not then.
Teeth look yellow when enamel is thin because the dentin below the enamel is more yellow /brown in colour.

Please
or

oceanbleu · 25/01/2023 19:49

ARoughRide · 25/01/2023 15:18

I ordered the crest ones off Etsy after I’d seen a British Dr on TT, who used to work in the USA, say that’s what he used.

I’m undecided. I think they have worked a bit, maybe I need a few more goes. They do make teeth super sensitive though. I’ve spent around £30 & I’ve taken to cutting the strips in half lengthwise rather than folding around the teeth so I get more strips. After all, whose seeing the back of my teeth?!

Genius

Please
or