Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Style & Beauty

July Wedding

9 replies

TooSmallForTheMembrane · 25/01/2023 10:54

Just looking for some ideas for my cousin’s wedding. I’m (very) early 30s, dark blonde, blue eyes, warm colouring, curvy size 10-12 - somewhere between hourglass and pear shaped.

Modest budget but I’m happy for suggestions in any price range for some inspiration! What would you wear?

OP posts:
Please
or

AuntieStella · 25/01/2023 11:13

What style of clothes do you like?

50s shape? Column? Old-fashioned tea dresses?

Any preferred (or loathed) colours or patterns?

Please
or

TooSmallForTheMembrane · 25/01/2023 16:12

Honestly, I don’t really know! I’ll give anything a try. I’d prefer to look classy rather than looking like I’m trying to look young/trendy and I like to make the most of my waist, but otherwise I wear pretty much any style or colour.

OP posts:
Please
or

AuntieStella · 25/01/2023 20:50

And this for a £££ option - but do you like the style?

suzyhamilton.co.uk/shop/classic-kelly-circle-dress-in-cloth-w9084/

Please
or

notasgreenasiamcabbagelooking · 26/01/2023 07:25

I'm a similar size and shape to you and wore this dress to a wedding, which was pretty flattering and got a few compliments.

www.asos.com/es/morgan/vestido-midi-multicolor-sin-mangas-con-cuello-de-pico-y-diseno-de-chevron-de-punto-de-morgan/prd/203394059?clr=multicolor&colourWayId=203394067&SearchQuery=morgan

I'm in Spain so I hope the link works OK.

Please
or

Salacia · 26/01/2023 08:03

I’d have a look on a site like Wolf and Badger or inspiration/smaller brands - more interesting than anything on the high street atm and supporting smaller businesses!

Hope and Ivy have some very pretty embroidered dresses this one is lovely and has a great reduction in the sale which would work for a summer wedding.

Please
or

Bananadramallamas · 26/01/2023 08:17

That first dress in teal is lovely. With nice shoes and accessories you could get a few "occasion" wears from it.

Please
or

RandomersAssociation · 26/01/2023 08:31

Please
or

RandomersAssociation · 26/01/2023 08:55

Although I’ve just realised the second doesn’t meet your specifications. Sorry!

Please
or