Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Style & Beauty

Found an amazing hair mask for frazzled highlighted hair - and it’s CG friendly!

22 replies

JMAngel1 · 24/01/2023 12:39

Bleach London Reincarnation Mask.
Bloody amazing - I had fine half head baby highlights before Xmas and my hair was just looking awful - very dry and frazzled on ends - given that I have naturally curly hair, this is not a good luck.
So I tried this mask over the weekend, and my hair is transformed - smooth and glossy curls and even the colour is somehow better - all honey and caramel rather than white and bleached looking.
I’ve just been in the queue in Costa and Boots and 5 women commented on my hair. If you have highlighted hair, seriously give it a go. Think it was £8 from Amazon and worth every penny.

OP posts:
Please
or

TweeBee · 24/01/2023 12:46

How long did you leave it on for please?
I've heard masks should be left on for a long time but can never manage this myself.

Please
or

hartof · 24/01/2023 12:50

TweeBee · 24/01/2023 12:46

How long did you leave it on for please?
I've heard masks should be left on for a long time but can never manage this myself.

Masks usually dry so you can sleep in them and wash off in the morning that's what I do.

Please
or

JMAngel1 · 24/01/2023 12:54

Sorry, should have said. I left it on overnight. It was probably left on for 11 hours or so - I just had a microfibre wrap on over it.

OP posts:
Please
or

Rebel2023 · 24/01/2023 13:03

It has silicone in or I would have given it a go!

Please
or

CoachBeard · 24/01/2023 13:11

Sadly doesn’t seem to be CG friendly at all. It got amodimethicone and isopropyl alcohol in it. 😞

Please
or

JMAngel1 · 24/01/2023 13:49

Oh no- I mustn’t have read the ingredients thoroughly enough. Is amodimethicone water soluble?

OP posts:
Please
or

ouch321 · 24/01/2023 14:07

Someone posted a similar thread raving about said hair mask a few months back.

It's v easy and free marketing :-)

Please
or

JaneJeffer · 24/01/2023 14:07

I got this after someone recommended it here last year and it was completely useless.

Please
or

senua · 24/01/2023 14:23

JaneJeffer · 24/01/2023 14:07

I got this after someone recommended it here last year and it was completely useless.

But the Boots website gives it a 4.8/5 rating from 246 reviews. Is it only for damaged hair rather than just dry hair?

Please
or

JMAngel1 · 24/01/2023 14:26

It’s not water soluble - shit!
tbh the way my hair is now I think it would be worth a monthly use with a sulphate containing shampoo to get it out a week later maybe.
I’m not as worried about the isopropyl alcohol.

As for free marketing - what? I don’t work for Bleach London ffs - people post recs on here all the time. I’ve been accused of marketing Zara once which was bloody hilarious.

OP posts:
Please
or

JaneJeffer · 24/01/2023 14:27

But the Boots website gives it a 4.8/5 rating from 246 reviews.
Don't believe all the reviews on the Boots website!

Please
or

EmmaEmerald · 24/01/2023 14:30

As a fellow CG, why are people concerned about these particular ingredients please?

I found Olaplex useless but really like the Elvive Extraodinary oil mask.

Please
or

missxm · 24/01/2023 14:35

Even though the mask is not CG friendly it still might suit your hair. Amodimethicone should not be prone to buildup (eg. Labmuffin has some info about it at her website labmuffin.com/amodimethicone-my-new-favourite-hair-ingredient/) and I think you can wash it off without sulfates too.

I do really understand if people do want to cut off silicones if / when it makes their hair feel better (or for some other reasons) but not all silicones are strictly evil in all cases.

Please
or

Rebel2023 · 24/01/2023 14:41

EmmaEmerald · 24/01/2023 14:30

As a fellow CG, why are people concerned about these particular ingredients please?

I found Olaplex useless but really like the Elvive Extraodinary oil mask.

CG generally means no silicones, sulphate or drying alcohols

Please
or

Rina66 · 24/01/2023 16:08

I've used the Bleach London and liked it, it's very thick though. At the moment I'm using the John Freida Rehab & Revive (yellow pot) which I'm impressed with, I think it is actually making my thick prone to frizz hair too smooth and silky!

Please
or

MissSmiley · 24/01/2023 17:43

I live the Bleach London Reincarnation Mask, but the sachets and I had originally were great but the metal tube the full size product comes in is impossible to finish as it's so inflexible, a pot would be easier to use

Please
or

Gatekeeper · 24/01/2023 17:46

my hair didn't like it one bit- went like fried fluff!

Please
or

CinnamonJellyBeans · 24/01/2023 18:06

Another mumsnet recommendation that didn't work for me either.

Please
or

Pearlsister · 24/01/2023 22:48

Gatekeeper · 24/01/2023 17:46

my hair didn't like it one bit- went like fried fluff!

Same for me.
It was fine for the first few times I used it, then it started to make my hair dry, crispy and fluffy.

Please
or

missxm · 25/01/2023 19:00

Pearlsister · 24/01/2023 22:48

Same for me.
It was fine for the first few times I used it, then it started to make my hair dry, crispy and fluffy.

The mask might have had be too much protein to your hair type, hair can actually appear crispy if there is protein overload.

Please
or

babyboyHarrison · 25/01/2023 21:44

MissSmiley · 24/01/2023 17:43

I live the Bleach London Reincarnation Mask, but the sachets and I had originally were great but the metal tube the full size product comes in is impossible to finish as it's so inflexible, a pot would be easier to use

Please
or

MissSmiley · 25/01/2023 21:47

@babyboyHarrison thank you for that, I hadn't seen that size before

Please
or