Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Style & Beauty

Living Proof Triple Bond Complex

13 replies

Theblacksheepandme · 11/01/2023 19:40

Anyone use this? I have been reading good things about it but it's expensive. Just wondered if it's worth it.

OP posts:
Please
or

gardeninggirl14 · 13/01/2023 13:57

Yes, me. I tried it for the first time yesterday and its amazing - i have awful frizz, caused by colouring over grey hair and menopause. For the first time in ages, its got some shine and is super soft. Definitely a noticeable difference. I used the new customer code on the Living Proof own website and got 15% off, which made it slightly less expensive. Or maybe buy the mini sample size first so you can see if it works for you? I noticed some of the reviews werent that positive, but for me it works really, really well.

Please
or

biedrona · 13/01/2023 14:26

Sali Hughes reviewed it in the guardian last weekend - you can find it online

Please
or

WednesdaysPlaits · 13/01/2023 14:30

Is there some sort of living proof spamming going on today? Its being mentioned a lot!

Please
or

Aurorabored · 13/01/2023 14:33

I posted a link to it because I read the article and it sounded like the OP had exactly the kind of hair it’s supposed to be good for. I’m still on Philip Kingsley elasticizer!

Please
or

Mercurial123 · 13/01/2023 14:41

biedrona · 13/01/2023 14:26

Sali Hughes reviewed it in the guardian last weekend - you can find it online

I wouldn't trust her reviews. She's an influencer, and her column in The Guardian is now an extension of her getting paid to promote stuff.

Please
or

astarsheis · 23/01/2023 17:57

Well I tried it today for the first time and I like it. I have colour treated (blond from grey) shoulder length hair. If I just blow dry it tends to still be a bit frizzy so always have to straighten it as well. I washed my hair but decided not to condition as assumed it would work better on hair that hasn't been smoothed already. It recommended 2 squirts but I actually used about 4. I think the result is better than Olaplex. It will be interesting to see what it looks like after the next wash.
I like Sali Hughes as an influencer and think she's pretty genuine in her reviews.

Please
or

WhereAreWeNow · 23/01/2023 19:08

I haven't tried this but I really rate Living Proof Perfect Hair Day range. Best hair product I've ever bought.

Please
or

biedrona · 25/01/2023 20:06

astarsheis · 23/01/2023 17:57

Well I tried it today for the first time and I like it. I have colour treated (blond from grey) shoulder length hair. If I just blow dry it tends to still be a bit frizzy so always have to straighten it as well. I washed my hair but decided not to condition as assumed it would work better on hair that hasn't been smoothed already. It recommended 2 squirts but I actually used about 4. I think the result is better than Olaplex. It will be interesting to see what it looks like after the next wash.
I like Sali Hughes as an influencer and think she's pretty genuine in her reviews.

Let us know how you get on. I use K18 which is great.

Please
or

Mercurial123 · 27/01/2023 11:47

biedrona · 25/01/2023 20:06

Let us know how you get on. I use K18 which is great.

Another request for an update please. K18 made my hair really dry.

Please
or

biedrona · 27/01/2023 12:23

K18 certainly hasn't made my hair dry, just a lot smoother and managable

Please
or

Mercurial123 · 27/01/2023 14:13

biedrona · 27/01/2023 12:23

K18 certainly hasn't made my hair dry, just a lot smoother and managable

That's great, but it didn't work for me. I prefer Olaplex, and there's a thread saying it makes people's hair dry. No product will suit everyone.

Please
or

Mercurial123 · 28/01/2023 14:52

I was shopping today and bought it. First impressions are positive. I rough dried hair and used L'Oréal Steampod straightners. My hair looks like it's been blow dried professionally and looks healthy. I used conditioner as recommended as I need moisture in my dry and frizzy hair. Maybe that's why K18 doesn't work well for me.

Please
or

HasaDigaEebowai · 29/01/2023 10:53

I like it. I wouldn’t call it a wonder product but I can tell when I’ve used it

Please
or