Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Cosmetic dental surgery

6 replies

Member869894 · 05/10/2022 06:54

I've hated my teeth for as long as I can remember and thinking of going abroad for new gnashers! I've started reading about clinics in Turkey but I don't know what I should I should be looking for/ what to avoid etc. Any advice /tips very welcome please

OP posts:
Please
or

NoNameChangeRequired · 05/10/2022 07:31

After seeing this poor woman’s experience with ‘Turkey teeth’ I would stick to the U.K. tbh. She’s not the only one either!

This video is a snapshot so it jumps backwards & forwards throughout her experience but if you click on her account you can see all her videos.
vm.tiktok.com/ZMFFgktrB/

Please
or

Member869894 · 05/10/2022 08:11

Yes awful but they can't all be bad surely? I need to do loads of research. I can't afford uk prices that's for sure

OP posts:
Please
or

Littlemissprosecco · 05/10/2022 08:19

Its your mouth, money and choice. But be careful there are some very poor clinics out there. Our NHS dental system is crumbling, you’ll struggle to get help and support here if things go wrong.

Please
or

CringeCrush · 05/10/2022 08:55

Is it definitely crowns etc that you want/need, OP? I’m having invisalign (haven’t started yet, but have had the moulds done and 3D model made). It’s £3k, which is a lot of money but includes all the trays, check-ups and then whitening at the end. I think this will (hopefully) give me the look I want at the end of treatment, rather than the crowns/veneers/Turkey teeth approach, which I think is probably upwards of £3000?

Please
or

CringeCrush · 05/10/2022 10:55

Forgot to say that I can pay in instalments over 12 months. Might be worth seeing if any dentists/orthodontists local to you do similar payment plans. One near me also does Invisalign open days, where you get lots of discounts if you sign up on the day.

Please
or

Janejanejayne · 05/10/2022 11:24

My daughter had her teeth done in Turkey. I had panic attacks at the thought of her going. Her husband went with her.
They are amazing OP - she went to Antalya?

They weren’t particularly bad before but she had always been self conscious about them.
The difference is incredible and they just look like lovely perfectly straight white teeth.

She smiles so much more now. I am seriously considering it too but would take someone with me

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?