Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Fake tan for faces, recommends?

9 replies

FruHagen · 04/10/2022 21:54

I am looking for a fake tan that doesn't cause spots on my face.

I want something that just gives a slight glowing improvement on my pasty white Autumn face.

Last one I used was San Tropez and it caused spots.

OP's posts:
Please
or

79abbot · 04/10/2022 22:01

I recommend Clinique Face Bronzing Gel Tint.

Please
or

pantsville · 04/10/2022 22:03

These drops are great - to be mixed with your normal moisturiser. Alternatively a normal gradual tanner such as the Garnier one is suitable for the face. Neither of these have given me spots

Please
or

FruHagen · 04/10/2022 22:13

Thanks for the tips. Do you wear these ones all year round? Fake tan is ok for the colder months, yes?

I started using factor 50 on my face religiously and did not get very tanned this Summer either.

OP's posts:
Please
or

79abbot · 04/10/2022 22:15

Yes, all year round. It's just supposed to give a healthy bronzed look not a deep tan. You are doing the right thing by protecting your skin from the sun.

Please
or

countdowntonap · 04/10/2022 22:16

It has to be the Sleep Mask Tan Face by James Read. I’ve used it for years.

I put it on just before bed and it’s never left any marks on my white pillow case.

Please
or

Jadoube · 05/10/2022 08:55

I like the James Reed H2O Tan Mist Face - it’s very subtle and smells lovely.

Please
or

Jadoube · 05/10/2022 09:00

Sorry, meant to say I specifically use it for autumn/winter - I have olive skin and I start looking a bit ill by October otherwise!

Please
or

xogossipgirlxo · 05/10/2022 12:01

I like tropic sun drops, haven't tried any others, so hard to compare. Work for me, I add 3 drops to my moisturiser twice a week.

Please
or

vitahelp · 05/10/2022 13:25

I've tried so many and the only one I like is Ambre Solaire spray tan for face. I get it from Boots. I get the dark which is great for me, but there is a lighter one too. So easy to use as well, just spray on before bed.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?