Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Knee boots and bare legs?

15 replies

Betty12 · 04/10/2022 21:03

Late to the party, but it seems knee boots are making a come back which is great as I've searched our a really comfy pair with a block heel from the back of my wardrobe. Planning to wear with above the knee A-line skirts. Usually I'd wear black opaques but I'm wondering if bare legs is more the thing nowadays (see pic) and also whether I can get away with it at 40 something!

Knee boots and bare legs?
OP posts:
Please
or

Daverl1980 · 13/10/2022 19:19

I’m sure you look stunning out of boots and will look even more stunning in them just go for it x

Please
or

RemusLupinsBiggestGroupie · 13/10/2022 20:19

No - if it's the weather for knee high boots then you need tights. They look silly with bare legs unless you are basically a gazelle.

Please
or

LuciferRising · 13/10/2022 21:26

That outfit looks nice but surely not practical for winter?

Please
or

Purplecatshopaholic · 13/10/2022 21:41

If warm enough I put a bit of fake tan on, and wear boots with bare legs - works well

Please
or

Anoisagusaris · 13/10/2022 21:43

You need amazing legs for that look to work.

Please
or

Mezmer · 13/10/2022 21:44

This look barely suits anyone. That model is an exception and in RL probably wouldn’t look right anyway.

Please
or

TheLassWiADelicateAir · 13/10/2022 21:58

Is the model bare legged or wearing sheer tights?

I agree in real life that would look terrible, even if just from the point of view of the sheer oddness of it being cold enough for knee boots but warm enough for bare legs.

Please
or

AndSoFinally · 14/10/2022 10:02

I would have to at least compromise on sheer tights! I'd be freezing!

Please
or

Heavenknows22 · 14/10/2022 10:08

When I read your title I thought, no that would not work but it’s a lovely look on the model.

What about when you sit down though?!

Please
or

Creasedlinen · 14/10/2022 10:31

Even the model in the picture would look better with good sheer tights on IMO

And if you need a jumper and boots, you'll legs with be all blue/red with goosebumps without them.

Please
or

CourtneeLuv · 14/10/2022 10:58

Creasedlinen · 14/10/2022 10:31

Even the model in the picture would look better with good sheer tights on IMO

And if you need a jumper and boots, you'll legs with be all blue/red with goosebumps without them.

She's got sheer tights on.

Please
or

GonnaGetGoingReturns · 14/10/2022 11:29

Definitely wear either sheer or lighter colour tights. Bare legs and that skirt with boots look awful.

Please
or

itsnotdeep · 14/10/2022 20:51

My 17 yo daughter has stolen some of my knee boots (just over the knee in fact) and gone out in them with a teeny teeny skirt tonight and bare legs . She looks fab (apart from the crop top/bustier thing she is wearing which is a step too far in my middle aged opinion).

She is 17 though, with perfect legs, 5'10 and a size 8. And doesn't feel the cold either.

Please
or

WillPowerLite · 14/10/2022 20:56

That model is standing in a warm, well-lit studio. Where will you be wearing the boots? If you plan to journey outside, wear tights.

Please
or

GreenFingersWouldBeHandy · 14/10/2022 21:04

Don’t forget on cold autumn days, you could end up with mottled ‘corned beef’ legs. Best keep to tights.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?