Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Which leggings do I need?

18 replies

Brunilde · 04/10/2022 18:09

I'm looking for some new leggings for winter. In the past all my leggings have ended up baggy around the knee and just look poor quality. I need some that will hold their shape, and whilst not the most stylish option, don't look horrendous. I've seen people recently wearing more athletic type ones, is that what I need?

I know I'm probably asking a lot but currently on mat leave so don't have an endless budget. So a good quality option but doesn't have to be a great brand etc. Can anyone help?

OP posts:
Please
or

Pigsinmuck · 04/10/2022 18:14

Lovelissie

Please
or

KangarooKenny · 04/10/2022 18:16

For day wear I like Next ponte leggings.

Please
or

Spanielsarepainless · 04/10/2022 18:19

I have Lands End Starfish leggings or the tapered leg Starfish trousers. Not cheap but seem to be indestructible!

Please
or

DrivingTheoryTest · 04/10/2022 18:21

Cotton ones will bag. You need athletic type ones. They don't have to be expensive, look at Aurique or CRZ on Amazon

Please
or

Brunilde · 04/10/2022 19:53

Thanks I will take a look

OP posts:
Please
or

WeneedSamVimesonthecase · 04/10/2022 19:56

I am loving my M&S Heatgen Plus thermal leggings. So warm and soft and and a year and many washes in, not baggy or faded.

Please
or

limitededitionbarbie · 04/10/2022 20:06

Queenie ke have pockets. They don't roll over your stomach and are not see through.

I've had mine over a year and they are still perfect.

Amazon sell them

Please
or

orangetriangle · 04/10/2022 20:26

bizarely Pep and Co ones aka poundland are really food dont go baggy and very good value for money think you get 2 in a set

Please
or

WalkingOnSonshine · 04/10/2022 22:24

Also love Queenieke. I wear them more than my Sweaty Betty ones.

Please
or

Sofachoices · 04/10/2022 22:28

I haven’t bought anything other than LoveLeggings ones since being recommended their maternity ones on here a few years ago!!

Their regular leggings are lovely and thick, not at all see-through and are nice and skinny at the ankle even in bigger sizes (usually my main complaint about other brands!). I haven’t had a baggy knee since I bought my first pair 🤣👍🏻

Please
or

TheTeddyBears · 04/10/2022 22:31

Fabletics are brilliant. Get the 2 for £24 then cancel the subscription 😁 you can do it through online chat too. Leggings are brilliant and have pockets for phones etc and they hold their shape and look fab after many, many washes!

I'm about to order another 2 pairs for winter they have cold weather ones. They've sent me another 2for £24 offer 👍

Please
or

QueenOfThorns · 04/10/2022 22:32

KangarooKenny · 04/10/2022 18:16

For day wear I like Next ponte leggings.

Me too! They’re nice and warm and never go baggy at the knee.

Please
or

BertieBob · 04/10/2022 22:40

Another vote for Love leggings

Please
or

Serendipitystardust · 04/10/2022 22:55

A third vote for love leggings. By the far the comfiest and best quality leggings I've ever owned. And they do them in all sorts of colours!

Please
or

SecondhandTable · 05/10/2022 06:35

I have some comfy ones from Rapanui that wash well so far. Although they're definitely not squat proof or anything and need a long top etc over the bum area so depends what you want them for.

Please
or

AbleCable · 05/10/2022 07:57

WeneedSamVimesonthecase · 04/10/2022 19:56

I am loving my M&S Heatgen Plus thermal leggings. So warm and soft and and a year and many washes in, not baggy or faded.

Yes, same for me. These last me a couple of years, no bagging and so warm. Have also tried the Primark fleece lined equivalent but find them a bit shiny. Always go back to the M&S Heatgen Plus.

Please
or

limitededitionbarbie · 05/10/2022 20:15

I'm about to order the shein version of the queenie ke so if anyone is interested in how they compare to my usual please say on here and when they arrive I will let you know.

They look the same. Have pockets and a high waistband but you can never tell until you get them on.

Please
or

Brunilde · 10/11/2022 08:27

Thanks for all the suggestions. If anyone is looking for the same thing I went for the next ponte leggings and they are amazing. Just what I was looking for.

OP posts:
Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?