Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Smashbox pore minimizer - arrrgghhh

YouOKHun · 23/09/2022 10:04

I’ve just realised, rather late in the day, that Smashbox are withdrawing from the U.K. in the next few days and I’m too late to buy their Pore Minimiser primer (the lilac coloured one) unless I want to pay more than full size prices for a sample size of dodgy provenance.

Frustrating, but I know there are lots of close alternatives out there that would suit my 55 year old skin, I’m just not sure what they are. Does anyone who knows the primer I’ve been using have any suggestions of a good alternative?

There was a thread back in July about this but there weren’t too many responses so hoping for more. Mind you, you might prefer I don’t buy a product you recommend as me buying it seems to signal its demise shortly afterwards 🙄!

OP's posts:
Please
or

SommerTen · 23/09/2022 13:20

I'm upset because I use the lilac Smashbox primer too, luckily have some left but I've been researching other primers that do that job of a) mattifying & b) pore minimising.

I've tried Benefit pore minimiser & had an allergic reaction.
Tried Clinique, Boots No 7, NYX, Soap & Glory, primers with no success.
The Smashbox one was a game changer for me!!

But I notice that Revolution have just brought out a new primer...IRL Pore Blur Filter Primer £7.99. Will be interested to see how mattifying it is also.
They do a number of primers at under £13 so hopefully I can try that one plus a couple of others and find 'the one'.
I've taken to using Revolution as I get 20% off with my blue light card.

Please
or

SommerTen · 23/09/2022 13:22

Ps I'm 46, my skin is quite good with just a few lines round my eyes when I smile, it's oily though & im prone to spots.

Please
or

Pinkywoo · 23/09/2022 13:24

I like the Revlon photo ready primer. I'm 42 and have quite oily and although I do get a bit shiny by the end of the day it's certainly the best one I've tried (and I did try Smashbox!).

Please
or

SommerTen · 23/09/2022 16:33

Will try Revlon too then.

Please
or

YouOKHun · 23/09/2022 21:53

Thank you @SommerTen and @Pinkywoo. SommerTen, you’ve tried a few I was going to try so that’s interesting. I’m quite a bit older and my skin is dryer than it was so too much “mattifying” makes me look terrible! I’ll have a look at Revlon and Revolution. Thank you!

OP's posts:
Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?