Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Micellar Water

PumpkinSpicedTea · 23/09/2022 07:56

I've started using Micellar Water in the evening before bed and really like it. However when I put on my moisturiser (Nivea blue pot) afterwards it just sits on top and doesn't really sink in. I'm guessing it's the residue from the water but any tips?

OP's posts:
Please
or

SnarkyBag · 23/09/2022 07:59

Double cleansing. I wash with a cleansing gel after

Please
or

PumpkinSpicedTea · 23/09/2022 08:05

Didn't even think of that @SnarkyBag ๐Ÿ˜„ I wasn't sure if it was important not to wash the residue off ๐Ÿ˜‚

OP's posts:
Please
or

KangarooKenny · 23/09/2022 08:06

I rinse with water after.

Please
or

DameCelia · 23/09/2022 08:09

Micellar water is a make up remover rather than a cleanser so yes, you need to cleanse afterwards.

Please
or

WellTidy · 23/09/2022 08:11

I use it to take off my make up, so then I cleanse (wash off cleanser) afterwards. Iโ€™ve bought loads of them at different price points and I really rate the Garnier one with the pink cap, always on offer somewhere.

Please
or

CourtneeLuv · 23/09/2022 08:31

I yse it to remove make up then wasj my face with a magic cloth

Please
or

SnarkyBag · 23/09/2022 09:37

I love the avene cleanance one and then use the avene cleanance cleansing gel less greasy than some of the others Iโ€™ve tried.

Please
or

NeedWineNow · 23/09/2022 09:39

Echoing all previous responses. I use it to take makeup off first and then use a hot cloth cleanser afterwards. I'm using Superdrug B Micellar Water at the moment but will get the pink top Garnier next as I prefer that. Then follow with Lacura Hot Cloth cleanser. I don't use it to remove eye make up, though, as my eyes are quite sensitive so I have to use a dedicated eye make up remover (Clinique take The day off).

The only time I use it on its own is either first thing in the morning or during the day as a freshen up if I'm not wearing any make up, always followed by a splash of water.

Please
or

DoingJustFine · 23/09/2022 09:43

Ah -- this thread explains what I was doing wrong. I was using it like cleanser and not washing it off. Might explain why it dried my skin out so badly that I looked like I had elephant hide under my eyes....

Please
or

PumpkinSpicedTea · 23/09/2022 12:15

DoingJustFine · 23/09/2022 09:43

Ah -- this thread explains what I was doing wrong. I was using it like cleanser and not washing it off. Might explain why it dried my skin out so badly that I looked like I had elephant hide under my eyes....

@DoingJustFine im glad it's not just me who wasn't using anything after! ๐Ÿ˜‚

OP's posts:
Please
or

KalaniM · 23/09/2022 15:07

Iโ€™ve used bioderma for years and not rinsed it off, it doesnโ€™t cause issues, but it is expensive!

Please
or

PumpkinSpicedTea · Yesterday 12:56

It's the Garnier one I've got and to be fair it says All in one cleanser ๐Ÿค”

OP's posts:
Please
or

Sewwhatmrmagpie · Yesterday 17:05

Not all micellar waters are made equal.... the bioderma one is the only one that hasn't made my skin go odd in some way. I use it either as part of a double cleanse - so it would be washed off with something else after - or on its own to refresh my skin during the day especially in the heat.

Please
or

ChicCroissant · Yesterday 17:27

I've used the Simple Micellar Water and that also seems to leave a residue on the skin - I also double or triple cleanse which gets rid of it.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?