Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Saint & Sofia

23 replies

thesootherfairy · 22/08/2022 10:02

Are they any good?

I've seen a very nice jacket on there but what is their quality like?

OP posts:
Please
or

whatnottowear · 22/08/2022 11:38

I would avoid. I just bought a dress from Saint and Sofia in the sale, having seen them recommended here. The print is nice but the quality is poor/average - very simple construction, very thin and see-through fabric. I expected something much better for the price (still over £100 in sale).

BUT the worst thing is their return policy. I wanted to return the dress but sales items cannot be returned, and other items will only be accepted for return if they are deemed to have been returned in "sellable condition". If an item is found not to be in sellable condition, you will not get a return/exchange/credit, nor will you get the item back. And it seems that they could decide this quite arbitrarily.

After reading the policy I have now seen lots of reviews complaining about their experiences of trying to get a refund from S+S. I decided not to go through the fight to refund - I quite like the dress I bought, it fits and is quite pretty. But I don't think it was good value for money and I definitely wouldn't buy from them again unless they radically change their approach to refunds. (But given the many reviews complaining about this, I don't see that happening any time soon).

Please
or

Waferbiscuit · 22/08/2022 11:40

I would second that. I bought two Greenwich dresses in blue and black. Cheapish fabric and have not worn well. 1 year in they look too worn to wear.

Please
or

thesootherfairy · 22/08/2022 11:41

Thank you so much for the advice. It was a really expensive aviator jacket so I'll look elsewhere for it. Flowers

OP posts:
Please
or

tellmewhentheLangshiplandscoz · 22/08/2022 11:59

I bought x 2 lovely long sleeve polo necks in their sale last year and unfortunately they were too tight. Called them, they stick checked and held both for 24 hours in next size up. I was able to return same day (not free but they kindly refunded me the equivalent cost of one lot of postage to credit card to prevent me paying twice) and sent photo of proof of postage and nice lady sent the right sizes out same day.

Only other purchase was a gorgeous scarf which after about six weeks use and no wash (so my washing method couldn't be blamed) the fringe tassels on one side only are coming unwound IYSWIM? Despite best efforts to get an exchange on that (as it doesn't look as nice) they didn't budge saying it's s feature due to being hand woven blah de blah.

So a mixed bag for me but difficult to say completely after x 2 very different experiences

Please
or

tellmewhentheLangshiplandscoz · 22/08/2022 12:02

I know they are regarded as a bit common on MN but if it's a leather jacket I ADORE my All Saints one. It's 3 years old and still smells lovely and is so soft.

Purchased mine in store as wanted to try on and they happily applied the 15% off code I had as a new customer online. Which made a nice dent in the price for me.

Please
or

1Wanda1 · 22/08/2022 15:42

I got a pair of trousers from there last year. They were quite expensive (about £90) and the fabric bobbled so badly after a couple of months that they are now unwearable. Style over substance I think for that brand.

Please
or

howmanyseas · 22/08/2022 15:45

Google past MN threads on S&S - they're an eye opener!

Please
or

Fiddlersgreen · 22/08/2022 15:49

Such a shame, I’ve had my eye on a few things from there.

@whatnottowear I thought under distanced selling regulations, they couldn’t refuse a return as you are not able to properly see what you are buying?

Please
or

OldYork · 22/08/2022 16:19

I just bought a dress that looked lovely…material is disappointingly thin and fit is odd. If I could be bothered I would return it but it looks like a faff so will probably give to charity eventually and chalk it up to experience. I won’t risk it again.

Please
or

whatnottowear · 22/08/2022 16:20

@Fiddlersgreen I think that's true - I'm pretty sure that their returns policy, as a policy, would violate distance selling regs (unless this is another Brexit dividend, given that the distance selling regulation comes from EU law). I've seen some reviewers who appear to have made that argument with S+S to get refunds - which suggests that they will give refunds if you push the point with them, but doesn't change the fact that it's a crappy policy.

I didn't bother trying to argue the case as I don't hate the item that I bought - it's quite nice, just doesn't feel worth the amount I paid for it.

Please
or

whatnottowear · 22/08/2022 16:21

howmanyseas · 22/08/2022 15:45

Google past MN threads on S&S - they're an eye opener!

Yes! I only did this after receiving the order - wish I'd done it sooner.

Please
or

Hoppinggreen · 22/08/2022 16:22

I have a few things from them and I really like them.
But I have never had to return anything, which I hear can be an issue

Please
or

HelloChompy · 22/08/2022 17:22

I bought a jumper from them a while back. The online description said machine wash. I wore it a few times, went to check what wash to put it on and it states on the label 'hand-wash only'. I did consider contacting them but as I had worn it already I thought they might drag their heels. Plus it was during lockdown so post offices were hit and miss in terms of opening.

I chucked it in a delicates bag and put it on a hand-wash cycle and it came out fine. Having read reviews afterwards though I wouldn't order again. The jumper was nice enough but not worth the price in my opinion.

Please
or

gogogadgetgo · 22/08/2022 17:55

It's my life's mission to tell everyone how shit Saint and Sofia are!

I ordered some trousers and a jumper. Trousers okay. But I've got m&s trousers that are better quality and a third of the price.

The elastic twirled up straight away (it's only cheaply made) and I've actually dyed it as it was looking so rubbish

The jumper I can't wear. The cut is random. It bunches up on my shoulders.

But the customer service or lack of it is the highlight. They just ignored me. I went to them on social media (when they were on there. I notice they've disappeared now!) and they promised to get back to me. Then blocked me! So that's what you're dealing with.

Never got my refund. Or an apology for being blocked.

Please
or

SlatternIsMyMiddleName · 22/08/2022 20:07

I’m glad I saw this thread as I was tempted by a dress.

Please
or

Lipsandlashes · 22/08/2022 20:11

I’ve bought two pairs of trousers, a jumper and a dress from Saint and Sofia. All either pure or 98% cotton (and elastine) and all great quality. It’s not a MN favourite because it isn’t & Other Stories! But I’ve been really pleased with everything I’ve ordered and get lots of compliments when wearing. The only thing I’d say is that things do tend to come up on the large side.

Please
or

Katiepoes · 22/08/2022 21:50

I am wearing a pair of the Chelsea trousers right now, they are about 3 years old and I love them. I have two teeshirts I am happy with too...but as with a poster above I also have another pair of trousers that bobbled as though it were a feature, after 2 washes they were disgraceful. A sweater was also a poor buy, weirdly tight armholes. I don't think I will rush to buy again.

Please
or

GonnaGetGoingReturns · 04/10/2022 16:51

I just got an email through from them again... was tempted but thought I'd my 2p worth here.

I bought a black reveal roll neck about a year ago - it took ages to come into stock and I thought, yeah it'll be a nice addition to my wardrobe. It's not bad but certainly not worth £70 RRP (didn't pay that) and I've only worn it once. I suppose what I find with S&S is that I think a lot of their clothes are overrated, look nice but some of the reviews don't fit with the clothes, which make me think S&S are just copying and pasting so you'll be fooled and will buy them.

I'll stick to other brands from now on.

Please
or

dontputitthere · 04/10/2022 16:55

Honestly I had such a bad experience with them I wouldn't put it past them to use shady tactics.

Their customer service was shocking.

And when I asked them to review their GDPR after I was bombarded with crap after unsubscribing three times (giving them more than a month to sort it) instead of apologising which would have gone a long way, they got arsey!

Wouldn't touch with a barge pole.

Please
or

Cazziebo · 04/10/2022 19:11

I'm sure they name changed to stop people finding all the complaints? (Ziggura?)
I bought a few things and was initially very pleased with them. However two or three washes and they were totally shapeless. lot of money for cheap and nasty

Please
or

WinOutdoors · 04/10/2022 19:20

I love their style and I've been sucked into making largish orders twice now, but have returned everything because the quality is so poor for the price.

Which is a shame because based on their website I'd have found the only clothes retailer I'll ever need 😆

Please
or

MrsHaroldRobbins · 04/10/2022 19:21

I've bought a few things and agree with other posters, cheap quality and overpriced. I would avoid in future although their marketing photos always look tempting!

Please
or

beguilingeyes · 05/10/2022 10:38

I bought one of their navy fabric biker jackets and I really like it. That's been my only purchase though.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?