Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Anyone visited Goyard store in London?

YetAnotherNam · 14/05/2022 06:22

I don’t want to order via email, as I want to ‘feel’ the bag and check out the colour up close.

I’ve heard there are long queues, but I don’t know if that’s throughout the day.

if anyone has been or usually walks past the shop, I would appreciate advice on best time to go.

Thanks!

OP's posts:
Please
or

BatshitCrazyWoman · 14/05/2022 19:11

I walk past every day OP, and I know for certain that between 4.30 and 5 pm there are usual 5 or 6 people queuing, sometimes more (hard to tell if they have come in couples).

Please
or

YetAnotherNam · 14/05/2022 19:16

@BatshitCrazyWoman , thanks a lot!

it doesn’t sound too bad.

I’m meeting my husband in London after work this week, so I may pop in mid afternoon.

OP's posts:
Please
or

windmill26 · 14/05/2022 23:27

@YetAnotherNam can you please report back ? 😀

Please
or

YetAnotherNam · 16/05/2022 15:11

Hi

I’ve just been and it was faster than I thought.

there was a short queue and I was in within 10 minutes.

I read very bad reviews about the sales assistants last night and was prepared for an unfriendly assistant but she was quite nice.

they had the tote that I wanted and the whole process from arriving to the queue to leaving the store was done in 20 minutes.

if you go, make sure you check out the bag thoroughly, the one she initially gave me had a little purple line. I would have been very upset if I had seen it at home, considering the price tag…

OP's posts:
Please
or

windmill26 · 16/05/2022 15:35

YetAnotherNam

Hi

I’ve just been and it was faster than I thought.

there was a short queue and I was in within 10 minutes.

I read very bad reviews about the sales assistants last night and was prepared for an unfriendly assistant but she was quite nice.

they had the tote that I wanted and the whole process from arriving to the queue to leaving the store was done in 20 minutes.

if you go, make sure you check out the bag thoroughly, the one she initially gave me had a little purple line. I would have been very upset if I had seen it at home, considering the price tag…

Hi,thank you for reporting back and the heads up. Which bag did you get and how much was it approximately ? I am looking to get a Saint Louis but quite frankly I have no idea about the cost (I guess £1200ish).

Please
or

YetAnotherNam · 16/05/2022 16:06

Saint Louis PM £1100

OP's posts:
Please
or

windmill26 · 16/05/2022 16:36

YetAnotherNam

Saint Louis PM £1100

Are you happy with your purchase?Which colour did you get? I am thinking of buying a Grey one.I wear mainly Navy Blue and neutrals sometimes in Summer .I thought the Grey would work well.

Please
or

YetAnotherNam · 16/05/2022 19:21

@windmill26 , yes, I’m very happy with it. (My husband was quite underwhelmed though 😂)

I went with the navy blue because I know I’ll use it all the time.

I really liked the green too, but I thought I might get bored of it after a while.

It seems like not much when you first see it, but it also has a nice purse inside and when you open it and fill it up with stuff, it’s quite nice and very roomy.

OP's posts:
Please
or

windmill26 · 16/05/2022 20:58

YetAnotherNam

@windmill26 , yes, I’m very happy with it. (My husband was quite underwhelmed though 😂)

I went with the navy blue because I know I’ll use it all the time.

I really liked the green too, but I thought I might get bored of it after a while.

It seems like not much when you first see it, but it also has a nice purse inside and when you open it and fill it up with stuff, it’s quite nice and very roomy.

😂Thank you! Happy to hear you are happy with it. I know I will use it a lot once I buy it!😀

Please
or

NashvilleQueen · 16/05/2022 21:08

Is it canvas?

Please
or

windmill26 · 17/05/2022 09:41

NashvilleQueen

Is it canvas?

From their website;
Goyardine Canvas & Chevroches Calfskin
Linen and Cotton Inner Side
Finishing Palladium

Please
or

Mystery2345 · 17/05/2022 15:31

An alternative to Goyard if anyone is interested is Faure le Page - canvas bags but a bit more hardy with leather corners - great print, and a bit less ubiquitous

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.