Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Smaller size bras

Tiredycustard · 10/06/2020 07:14

Where will I find find smaller sized bras?

I’m a size 8ish with only the tiniest amount of breast tissue. If I wore a T-shirt with no bra, I basically look almost completely flat. I used to wear the cheapy primark bras (very limited budget) but, with 32a being the smallest size I could get there, the sizing is totally wrong.

Following advice, I did manage to find a 28DD (I think) from M&S a while back which felt much better but it just had way too much padding.

I normally go for t-shirt/smooth style bras because I find all the prettier bras just look lumpy under my clothes.

I’m having no luck finding anything affordable in a smaller back size online ... can anyone recommend any stockists that might have something to offer?

OP's posts:
Please
or

Sherloidbaisherloid · 10/06/2020 08:24

Following with interest, also have this issue! Can never find bras that fit they always seem to gape at the cup. I need to measure myself but worried I will do it wrong!

Please
or

Francina670 · 10/06/2020 08:29

Same here. I get mine in H&M. They’re not a totally correct fit but acceptable. I don’t need to wear a bra for any practical reason but prefer to for shape. I did the bra measuring thing but find the tight back size excruciating. Can’t remember what size I measured as but the cups were too close together/narrow as well. I don’t think it works for everyone.

I buy 30B by the way.

Please
or

KatharinaRosalie · 10/06/2020 08:33

Have you tried ebay? Many shops there selling last seasons stock for very reasonable prices, I can see 600 28DD bras there at the moment.

Please
or

Bert2e · 10/06/2020 08:37

Have a look for the bra fitting threads on here or go to booborbust.com and measure yourself. At a size 8 the odds of you being a 32 inch band are very unlikely - I'm that size and am a 12 / 14! M&S go down to a 28 band - just don't use their fitting service!

Please
or

BadAlice · 10/06/2020 08:40

You can usually find good clearance stuff on Figleaves or Bra Stop. Boux Avenue are very reasonably priced too.

Please
or

Coconut2010 · 10/06/2020 08:56

I have the same problem, small size 8 and virtually no breast (I am also quite tall).
I have to buy padded bras otherwise I look like a 10 year old girl. I buy mines at Victoria’s Secret and they look amazing (they’re quite good value too). I also have a few M&S ones which look good.

Please
or

Tiredycustard · 10/06/2020 09:22

Thanks so much for the tips/recommendations. I hadn’t thought of Ebay or Victoria’s Secret - but will definately take a look.

My 17 y/o DD buys from Victoria’s Secret and raves about their bras (although she has been blessed with a bit more up top than me).

I did try BoB for measuring once and can’t remember what it came up with but I ended up trying loads on in M&S and found the 28DD the best fit I’ve had in years. It was just too padded ... will look again at them online also. I imagine low stock levels online aren’t helping at the moment so it may be easier in a few months time to find the size I need.

OP's posts:
Please
or

AnotherEmma · 10/06/2020 09:24

Boux Avenue, Brastop, Belle Lingerie, Figleaves
booborbust.com/dd-bra-retailers/

Please
or

cannaethink · 10/06/2020 13:34

Have a look at Cleo koko bras from panache. I’m a 28e and find these a good fit. My boobs are kinda ‘empty’ and bras often gape but these don’t. They are padded but not much. Also nice and smooth under t shirts. You can find them cheaply online if you’re not fussed about the colours.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.