Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Jeans - big bum, small waist

SummaLuvin · 31/05/2020 17:05

I find it pretty much impossible to find jeans that fit me properly due to my proportions. I have a slender waist (about size 6) with wide hips and big bum (about a size 10), all jeans that properly fit my bum/hips/thighs seem to gape at my waist. Does anyone who has a similar body type have any recommendations of brands or cuts/styles that work for them?

OP's posts:
Please
or

LittleMissEngineer · 31/05/2020 17:36

Currently liking Boden skinny jeans. Got my wide hips and relatively narrow waist. Fairly high wait too - so you don’t get that gaping thing with half your bottom hanging out (or is that just me?).

Please
or

ClubTropDeVin · 31/05/2020 18:36

I recently got some Hollister curvy jeans. They are cut to fit smaller waists and bigger bums. I am a 10 waist and 12/14 hips. I got the size 7 so you would probably need size 1 or 3. They are the first jeans I have ever had that fit both my hips and my waist.

Please
or

MrsJamin · 31/05/2020 20:01

I have a slim waist but proper bum and thighs-topshop Jamie jeans are utterly brilliant and I wouldn't buy any other jeans now.

Please
or

ClientQ · 31/05/2020 20:11

Next hypercurve work well for me

Please
or

BumbleBeee69 · 31/05/2020 20:21

whats the sizing like on the Next Hypercurve jeans like ClientQ

Please
or

ClientQ · 31/05/2020 20:24

@BumbleBeee69 I would say true to size but then I got a different colour and had to size up one that might be lockdown weight gain actually
They're stretchy so there's some leeway too

Please
or

BumbleBeee69 · 31/05/2020 22:51

Superb ClientQ thank you Flowers

Please
or

Davespecifico · 31/05/2020 22:57

I only wear Oasis Cherry. Bit worried Oasis has gone under as nothing else fits.

Please
or

TableDesk · 01/06/2020 16:20

Salsa jeans!

Would completely recommend for the big bum/ thighs and small waist combo. They are a (??) Brazilian brand possibly? Andddd they do inbetween sizes, like size 9, 11 and 13

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.