My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

For beauty and fashion style advice, join in our Style forum chat.

Style and beauty

Bleached hair- help please?

6 replies

Withasideofbeans · 20/12/2018 18:40

Hi all! First time posting here and was hoping some of you could help me. My hair is almost an ombré, bleached mid lengths to the ends. It’s too light in my opinion (the root mainly) and I wanted to put a semi-permanent brown on it. Would it mess it up? Would it fade eventually? I don’t want to take the plunge and go permanently brunette as I’ve paid a lot of money to get it light, and that seems like a waste. I’m just bored of it at the minute and want a change. I’ll attach a picture so you can see the colour.

Bleached hair- help please?
OP posts:
Terriergrrrrrrrr · 22/12/2018 14:46

Please leave it alone. My hair was like yours, naturally mid/dark blonde but too light at the end from highlighting. I asked the hairdresser to put a semi permanent colour through the ends and lengths in my natural darker blonde. What she has done is colour it all over a dark reddy- brown shade that screams dyed and is nothing like my natural colour. I wish I had left it alone. I really wouldn't put a brown semi-permanent colour on your hair as I don't think you're likely to be happy with the result. I'm stuck having to grow mine out as I don't trust them to colour it again.

Frequency · 22/12/2018 14:51

It will go khaki. You can't go from blonde to brown without first replacing all the oranges and reds the bleach took away. Also, most semis are permanent. Anything with two bottles you mix together has peroxide in it and peroxide permanently alters the hair.

sharke · 22/12/2018 14:55

A semi-permanent brown over that would be hideous. You'd end up green. Don't do it. Your hair is lovely.

5fivestar · 22/12/2018 22:12

I have dinner lady burgundy roots st the moment and totally ginger ends due to having gone brunette professionally ... it’s still shit though. Can’t wsit for it to be cut out and start again

Bigonesmallone3 · 22/12/2018 22:15

I agree with PP that will not end up a nice colour, will fade quickly and will look greenish and dull

Withasideofbeans · 23/12/2018 21:53

Thanks all! I didn’t see the replies! I bought a semi permanent warm toned brown on Friday and snipped a bit of my hair and did a patch test. It looks almost black! I’m going to leave it alone, and possibly ask my hairdresser to make the roots darker next time I go. Thanks for all the advice, SO glad I didn’t hust whack it on my head Shock

OP posts:
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.