My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

For beauty and fashion style advice, join in our Style forum chat.

Style & Beauty

Quick Christmas Party Makeup

10 replies

JoshMumsnet · 13/12/2018 12:22

It's Xmas party season! If you're looking for a festive look with minimal effort, here are a few ideas....

OP posts:
PurpleDaisies · 13/12/2018 12:36

I’m not sure this particularly matches the “quick” and “minimal effort” description...11 steps, stacks of products and lots of different brushes. The skin alone was primer, foundation, concealer, setting powder, contouring powder, bronzer, blusher and highlighter. Confused

It did look nice in the end though.

coolcrispwinter · 14/12/2018 17:01

Mine is, pressed powder, blusher, eyeliner, eyeshadow, mascara, lip balm, lipstick.

Full face. All done. I like it as it doesn't streak or settle into lines as the evening goes on. I just wear a bit darker lipstick and maybe eyeliner on my waterline, if I want to look more made up. I might wear a bit of mineral concealer if I have any blemishes or blotches that I want to cover.

neveradullmoment99 · 15/12/2018 10:12

Not sure her foundation is the right colour for her tbh. Looks like a mask.
Do like the lips and the eyes though.

toolazytothinkofausername · 15/12/2018 19:52
  1. That is not quick
  2. You looked better without the make up. I'm sorry if that sounds harsh, but I believe make up is meant to enhance beauty but instead you've used those products as a mask that is definitely not needed.
DontCallMeCharlotte · 16/12/2018 13:50

My idea of quick Christmas party make up is an extra layer or two of mascara and a darker shade of lipstick Xmas Blush

BusterGonad · 18/12/2018 06:16

For Xmas party make up I add liquid eyeliner, more blush bronze or contour and just take an extra 20 minutes to really make everything look perfect. I do love a brighter lipstick for evenings out, maybe red, orange/red, pink or Berry.

MiniTheMinx · 18/12/2018 07:06

That doesn't seem quick. If I'm in a hurry I use bare minerals, bronzer, blush, mascara. I can do this in about 3 mins.

If I'm not in a hurry
A slightly dewy finish cream I use as a base.
Foundation applied with fingers and blended with brush
A highlighter pen, over cheeks, under brows & inside corner of eyes.. ...blend
Powder
Bronzer
Blusher
Mascara
Dark grey eye shadow with very small angled eye brush instead of eye liner
Lip stick, I always apply with a brush
Less than 10 mins.

If it took longer I'd get bored half way through. But when I was younger there wasn't so many different products, or tutorials. I don't like highlighter powder that creates this weird white glow I see on some people. I don't like these weird caterpillar eyebrows either. But then I have black eyebrows, so I don't have to fill them in I suppose.

LadyOfTheCanyon · 19/12/2018 07:34

Be fair, people. You don't need a video to show you how to put on a bit more mascara and a slick of lipstick.

I'd have given those eye palettes a quick wipe before filming, though!

SundayGirls · 19/12/2018 09:43

I think she's done a nice job there. I like the light touch to the contouring, bronzer and blusher - it looks very natural. I will definitely be trying some of these tips, I'm good at my usual look but sometimes I think I'm stuck in a bit of a rut so it's been useful to see. This was a good, concise presentation in my opinion!

TightPants · 19/12/2018 22:30

Why are people who do make up demos always ‘going in with’ when they describe the next step? Confused

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.