My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

For beauty and fashion style advice, join in our Style forum chat.

Style & Beauty

Should wear silver or gold?

8 replies

BB8sm8 · 05/12/2018 21:31

I’m a sort of dull blonde/red head type colour, I burn & than tan, you can see my veins through my skin (lovely!) & dark green eyes, no eyebrows to speak off 🤣 I’ve always worn yellow gold & pinky/gold makeup but on a recent photo I just thought damn I look red in the face!! I’ve never worn silver or white gold but does that suit my skin type better? My sister always directs me towards blue or turquoise colours for clothes cos she says it looks nice on me, I look awful in sort of nude colour clothes.

OP posts:
BurpAndRustle · 06/12/2018 00:36

Do your veins look green or blue? Green means wear gold, blue means wear silver.

BB8sm8 · 06/12/2018 07:34

Eek I don’t know, perhaps blue??

Should wear silver or gold?
OP posts:
BurpAndRustle · 06/12/2018 07:36

Take a photo of yourself wearing gold jewellery, then silver. See what looks better.

ExplodedPeach · 06/12/2018 12:50

My veins look blue but I look better in gold than silver, but neither is 'bad' as such.

I would try some of both on, in turn, and see which you prefer. I wouldn't trust photos as the light often comes out funny and you won't catch the shine in the same way you can see in the flesh. If you can't really see any difference it probably doesn't matter too much.

I'd probably focus on the makeup rather than the jewellery colour. You probably don't want to play up the pink tones if you have a tendency to be red-faced?

Tootrousers · 06/12/2018 14:42

If you’re a bit red faced then I was guess your skin tone is pink rather than yellow which means silver and all cool colours will look better than warm colours. If you can’t see the difference though then theees probably not much in it. The vein thing can often be a red herring.

Cabochard · 06/12/2018 15:25

And if your skin tone is more neutral- you could be ok with gold.
Mentioning that you turn red, would probably point towards silver though...

Wilma55 · 06/12/2018 15:31

You can take an online test to see what season you are. Winter and summer silver. Autumn and spring is gold.

BB8sm8 · 06/12/2018 19:07

Ooooo interesting thank you! I def go red in the face, and tend to wear gold or goldy nude shades on my eyes and nude pink on my lips. I always thought silver on my eyes just made me look more red but perhaps I’m wrong?

OP posts:
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.