My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

For beauty and fashion style advice, join in our Style forum chat.

Style and beauty

Bra question for bra gurus

5 replies

WindinTheWillowsLover · 02/12/2018 17:39

Why is there a DD cup?
Why doesn't it go D then E then F?

Is DD half a cup size extra between D and E?

Also, what do you suggest if you are half way between back sizes?
I measure 30-31. I have come bras in a 30 back but by the end of the day they feel tight and there is a lot of back fat.

I have some in 32 back but they are on the first (or middle hook.)

Cup size I get a D ( measure 35 inches fullest part.)

One issue I have is that bras in a D or DD cup are often reinforced with bigger straps, and wider back bands- I honestly don't need or like those as my boobs are quite small and very 'perky'.

OP posts:
dementedpixie · 02/12/2018 17:44

There's also FF and GG. They are not half sizes as each corresponds to an extra inch difference. If you go with the 30 back size I'd try a bigger cup size

Branleuse · 02/12/2018 18:00

thats just the way it is sometimes

TroyKing · 02/12/2018 18:23

If you find a bra that the cups fit well but the band is tight, but an inexpensive bra extender.

TroyKing · 02/12/2018 18:25
HoustonBess · 02/12/2018 18:32

I don't know for sure, but at a guess it makes women feel better about being bigger, like imagine if you could be size 16B instead of 18 etc!

It's wise to always choose a bra by trying on lots of different sizes to get the right fit, whatever you measure the different manufacturers will vary a bit. If you think about it, someone sat in a factory making the bra, they're not made by robots, there will be some variation in sizing. It's one of the most complicated garments to make.

If they're too tight at the end of the day I'd try a 32 on the tightest fitting and see how it goes. You could also try the next cup size up to see how it goes. Not sure about the issue with wide straps, can't you just choose bras that aren't like that?

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.