My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

For beauty and fashion style advice, join in our Style forum chat.

Style & Beauty

Skin pigmentation above lip - best coverage?

5 replies

anothersuprise · 28/11/2018 23:15

Just that really!

I get a really dark patch above my lip in the sun and I'm so self conscious about it. I live abroad and it's just got so bad I could cry Sad
What would be good to cover it with? Would those 'red' concealers work? Any help would be greatly appreciated

OP posts:
Mammatron · 28/11/2018 23:37

No help with concealer I'm afraid but I've got the same and tretinoin has really made mine fade, not completely gone yet but it's getting there!!

anothersuprise · 29/11/2018 01:42

What's that mamma? Never heard of it!

OP posts:
Mammatron · 29/11/2018 09:05

Tretinoin is a form of vitamin A and is prescription strength stuff (one of the brand names is "Retin-A" and it's also commonly referred to as this). Depending where in the world you are you might be able to get it from a pharmacist without prescription (I know you can in Spain and Italy) but some countries require a prescription from doctor/ dermatologist. It's very strong stuff so you have to be careful with it and do some research before using it (use spf50 everyday etc) but as far as I'm aware it's the only cream that can really improve skin quality!

Sizzles4444 · 30/11/2018 20:47

Dermablend foundation works brilliantly for this. I have the same pigmentation issue above my lip, and this foundation has really helped.

Daria32 · 30/11/2018 22:11

I had the same when I was pregnant, so get how you feel! I used a foundation called ‘sheer cover’, I got it on line, but can’t remember where. It’s 2 different powders that you put on with a special brush and it’s amazing!! It really covered everything- but looked really natural!!

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.