My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

For beauty and fashion style advice, join in our Style forum chat.

Style & Beauty

Eye Shadow for Blue Eyes

23 replies

Theothersideof40 · 20/11/2018 17:29

What colour eye shadow goes best with blue eyes? I always seem to wear the same brown colour!
Looking for some inspiration!

OP posts:
icelollycraving · 20/11/2018 17:31

It depends on the tone. Generally speaking browns, peaches are a safe bet. Grey looks good if you like a smoky eye.

Bigonesmallone3 · 20/11/2018 17:33

I have quite bright blue eyes and I generally wear a goldy colour (always get a lot of compliments on that) or shimmery browns

OneStepMoreFun · 20/11/2018 17:39

For a natural look, beige with smoky browns and cream to accentuate look good. For a more obvious 'made up' look, golds and coppery , shimmery colours work. You could also try smoky grey-blues, depending on skin tone. I use Rimmel's neutral palette and it really works.

AesopsMables · 20/11/2018 17:55

Plum looks good too

Sausagefingers9 · 20/11/2018 17:56

Gold/bronze always looks nice.

Sometimes I do a purple liner on my top lid which has a nice pop to it.

Theothersideof40 · 20/11/2018 18:37

Thanks everyone, im on the right lines with brown then 😊

OP posts:
QueenOfIce · 21/11/2018 02:57

Orange is the opposite of blue, so bronze, burnt oranges with a brown to smoke it looks lovely. I have blue eyes and whenever I do an orange/brown smokey eye they pop.

WhereAreWeNow · 21/11/2018 13:49

I like plummy/aubergine shadows as well as browns. I agree that pinky and coppery browns work really well but I can never find the right coppery shadow.

OHolyNightOwl · 21/11/2018 15:25

I love experimenting with eyeshadows! In the summer I wear a lot of bronzy and brown colours.
Now in the winter I go colder with plum, burgundy, grey, brown. As the lighter shade, usually pink with all the winter ones.

Purples make my eyes look turquoise, which is cool.

OHolyNightOwl · 21/11/2018 15:26

Morphe eyeshadow palettes are great btw!

OHolyNightOwl · 21/11/2018 15:34

WhereAreWeNow - Bourjois Marron Glace is the perfect bronze/copper colour.
The bastards discontinued it, but you can track it down for next to nothing on EBay.

JellieEllie · 21/11/2018 15:38

I find that pale pink, blush or a pearly type pink looks lovely on my dark blue eyes. It makes them pop more.
As others have said, pale golds, sparkly browns and greys always make blue eyes look nice. Try using a brown eyeliner on your bottom lid that's part of my everyday routine it just brings them out even more.

Fstar · 21/11/2018 20:04

Warm tonez, i like caramel brown colours and also peach colours look great evenmon hooded eyes (too faced peaches palette)

LadyOfTheCanyon · 22/11/2018 06:51

Conversely, a cerise/ raspberry lip colour makes blue eyes pop amazingly. I'm a bright winter though, which helps.

Charlotte Tilbury does a cream eye colour in a pot. 'Bette' is the colour you're after. My eyes are a blue/grey and this is the best shade I've found for making them look bluer. I can take or leave 90% of CTs range, but I'm on my second pot of this.

dontknowwhattodo80 · 22/11/2018 06:56

I wear pinks during the day and gold/bronze when I want to dress up!

Cherries101 · 22/11/2018 07:00

It depends on your skin tone. If you’re light-medium in terms of white / middle eastern / east asian skin then I’d say stick to neutrals or ‘pearled’ pastel shades. If you have olive /black skins then you would be able to experiment with bolder colour provided you choose an eye pallette with good pigment — mac tends to be good for this.

Theothersideof40 · 22/11/2018 07:07

Thanks everyone, i had a wonder into Superdrug yesterday and saw some lovely palettes with nice colours, some abit sparkly for xmss , just got to go back and buy now.

OP posts:
Deathraystare · 22/11/2018 12:55

My blue eyes go turquiose when I use pinky mauve shadows.

CremeDeSudo · 22/11/2018 14:52

Agree it depends on your skin tone because I have blue eyes and find greys/blues/greens seem to suit me best. Browns just don't look right and pinks make me look ill! Am pale, cool toned with pink undertones. Would love to know my season!

Cabochard · 22/11/2018 17:28

creme lm the same colouring. Harsh brown would make our skin tone grey. Coppers are still good though.
I have yellow/ blue/ green eyes.

SundayGirls · 22/11/2018 19:03

Copper/Amber/Gold. Unless you are quite young, brown eyeshadow echoes any under-eye shadows or face hollows.

CremeDeSudo · 22/11/2018 19:06

I don't think I've ever tried copper/gold. Maybe I'll give it a go. Love experimenting Smile

Don’t want to miss threads like this?

Weekly

Sign up to our weekly round up and get all the best threads sent straight to your inbox!

You've subscribed!

foxtiger · 23/11/2018 08:44

I have bluish grey eyes that look much bluer when I wear pinky brown or bronzey coloured eye make-up. I sometimes wear sparkly bronze eyeliner for a party look.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.