My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

For beauty and fashion style advice, join in our Style forum chat.

Style & Beauty

Help! Christmas party dress!

9 replies

xJune88 · 19/11/2018 16:42

Hi all hoping someone can find me a nice/suitable dress. My Christmas work do is on the 7th Dec. I'll be 17 weeks pregnant, I'm 15 atm and not showing just have a small podge/bloat. I'm young, size 8 and 5ft2. Would like a dress which can make me look nice but conceal my bump if I have one. Thanks all any help much appreciated! X

OP posts:
tierraJ · 20/11/2018 13:50

Look for a dress that has some folds or pleats across the stomach but is fitted in other areas.

Roobub · 21/11/2018 09:31

I really think it's more flattering to accentuate rather than try to hide your bump. I wore a lot of body con dresses while pregnant which is not a style I wore before but felt great in them. Sorry it's not exactly answering your question but maybe consider something close fitting that showcases your lovely neat 17 week bump!

AgathaRaisinDetra · 21/11/2018 09:39

Hello Meghan 👋

xJune88 · 21/11/2018 16:39

People at work don't know yet as I've had a few scared and 2 previous losses so don't want to announce yet, my family don't know yet so don't want work knowing before them. I'm defo not showing like Meghan haha shes massive compared to me!! X

OP posts:
Quitecrossgirl · 21/11/2018 16:44

Have a look at Popsy clothing - they have some lovely dresses.

Roobub · 21/11/2018 16:54

Ahh I see! Anything with an empire line then would be best I think!

I wondered if you meant that Meghan @Agatha...and I was gonna say she may be a size 8 but I don't think she would be called young and she looks pretty tall?! 😂

ElderMillenial · 21/11/2018 16:59

What's the dress code? Wrap dresses are always a great idea or maxi ddresses

xJune88 · 21/11/2018 17:14

Dressy. Men in suits women in dresses not a black tie event though I keep looking but can't find anything I think would do the job. Will keep searching!! Xx

OP posts:
Lucked · 21/11/2018 20:41

DP in size 8

This would also be very comfortable and I imagine it will do you through Christmas and New Year if you have other occasions to dress up.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.