My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

For beauty and fashion style advice, join in our Style forum chat.

Style & Beauty

Clinque 'Wrappings; Perfume

7 replies

Grammar · 15/11/2018 18:29

This became unavailable in the 1990s. I stocked it, at the time, am proud that I've used it very frugally...you may well dispute that it's so old a perfume, was it still effective and beautiful?...it was. and has been.
I saw Sali Hughes (Guardian) mentioned it quite a while ago now, she liked it too.
So now, it's all gone.
Does anyone know what similar or the same fragrance can be found?
It is not only a beautiful and sophisticated fragrance but has particular memories for me.

OP posts:
cupidsabsolutepsyche · 15/11/2018 19:11
ToftheB · 15/11/2018 19:31

I don’t think it’s totally discontinued - just only available at this time of year. I can’t find it on the Clinique website (although I’m sure I saw it recently...) but it is on the Harrods website.
www.harrods.com/en-gb/clinique/gift-wrappings-set-p000000000006150764?bcid=1532020179351

ToftheB · 15/11/2018 19:33

There’s also a perfume parlour dupe, which I own and really like perfume-parlour.co.uk/wrapping-for-women

SassitudeandSparkle · 15/11/2018 19:34

Yes, Harrods often have it in a gift box set and my DH has bought it for me at an airport shop as well.

I love Wrappings. However I seem to be a killer for Clinique perfumes because after Wrappings I used Simply instead and that's gone now too!

teta · 15/11/2018 20:28

It’s often on the Clinique website after Christmas in the perfume sets and often reduced. But if you do a search under Wrappings on the site it annoyingly doesn’t come up and it appears to be hidden under plain sight. It’s still very much available on eBay/amazon. Last time I saw it I bought 3 sets as it knocks most niche perfumes into touch.

Grammar · 19/11/2018 15:53

Thank you for your replies
I will definitely look into all of those, and esp remember after Xmas.
Many thanks for to you all for taking the time to reply.

OP posts:
DaffydownClock · 20/11/2018 18:45

My absolutely favourite perfume!
I haven't been able to get any for years so delighted that it is still occasionally available.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.