My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

For beauty and fashion style advice, join in our Style forum chat.

Style & Beauty

Cos

11 replies

dedicatedfolloweroffashion · 04/11/2018 07:22

What's cos sizing like? What is their e-commerce like with free returns etc? What's the quality like? Is it worth the price? Thank you 😊

OP posts:
LunaTheCat · 04/11/2018 07:57

I love Cos! Sadly live in a country where there are no shops. In my opinion the sizing is very unpredictable in S, M, L etc ..I have dresses that go from XS to L! The sized garments eg 38, 40 etc are slightly better. For jacket or coat I would size up eg 40 to 42 etc.
The quality is wonderful.

FashionFiend · 04/11/2018 08:14

The quality is excellent but you really do need to try their clothes on because sizing is a bit all over the place. I prefer ordering online though if possible as the staff in the Dublin store are pretty dour/rude. Their online service is fine but I've never returned anything so don't know how efficiently refunds are processed.

MsTSwift · 04/11/2018 08:18

Recently splashed out on cos winter coat. I veer between 12 / 14 and the 12 was more than big enough so if in doubt go smaller

ilovecherries · 04/11/2018 09:22

Quality is great, prefer to buy in store because I find sizing a bit of an unknown and the website pictures are often. However, that’s not often possible because they have so few outside London, so I have used the online service maybe half a dozen times, and used their return service maybe 4 times. Never had a problem with either delivery or returns.

Ypsilanti · 04/11/2018 09:48

I’d say their sizing is pretty consistent tbh. That said, I do occasionally size down on things that come in S/M/L because the really loose fit (the way they style their clothes on the website) can swamp me. The other thing to be aware of is that most of their skirts and trousers (and fitted dresses) are cut for women who are an athletic build or an apple- if you’re a pear or hourglass they may not work for you. Their waistbands are very generous and hips proportionally l so. The exception to that rule are skirts which are very high-waisted.

I’ve a 27” waist and 36” hips and most of the time I wear a 10; occasionally an 8. Pretty much always buy a small in other stuff. I live in COS and the quality is generally really good. Just don’t machine wash their merino jumpers (despite what the care label says) as they shrink. I always hand wash and mine last for years.

Ypsilanti · 04/11/2018 09:49

^ *proportionally less so

PatchworkGirl · 08/11/2018 22:59

I have recently 'discovered' Cos and have bought two dresses in medium (I'm 12/14) in quite different styles. I'd agree that hips are generous. Both seem lovely quality.

Zinnia · 09/11/2018 01:39

I have a LOT of Cos and love it - buy both in-store and online, delivery times are much better than they once were, returns/refunds less so but returns are free and they refund the initial delivery costs when you return something.

Size-wise I find a 38 more or less equivalent to a generous-ish 12, and would equate that to an S or M in their broader sizing, depending on how you want the fit. I am definitely a pear shape and some of my all-time favourite trousers are from there, but I would say it very much depends on the cut. The wide leg styles are fantastic, and I have a loose peg style navy pair that I've worn literally dozens of times.

What I do love about their clothes is that they tend to date more slowly than some other brands; the quality is very good for the price, and popular styles are often repeated season to season in new colours. So my paper-bag waist wide leg trousers are still in stock, this season in black I think, and I was wearing my burgundy pair (bought 2yrs+ ago) today. Only sad thing is they re-did the website earlier this year and lost the wish list function which was very handy at sales time!

JanetLovesJason · 09/11/2018 04:25

In my experience, their sizing is massive.

Mercurial123 · 09/11/2018 04:53

I would say trousers are true to size. With tops and dresses I always size down.

Deathraystare · 09/11/2018 08:29

In my experience, their sizing is massive.

That's why I can wear it! I am a size 18/20. Happy Happy Happy!

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.