My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

For beauty and fashion style advice, join in our Style forum chat.

Style and beauty

Beard of spots. Help!

22 replies

Polkapjs · 30/10/2018 20:10

I’m so fed up tonight. Shallow I know and there’s more to worry about (plenty more) but tonight and for past few days my chin has been covered in bumpy lumps which aren’t erupting but are sore and hideous and making me look and feel miserable. I know it’s pathetic but anything I can use on them to at least calm them?

OP posts:
Polkapjs · 30/10/2018 20:14

And a cold sore in my nose too. This alone makes me feel rubbish

OP posts:
Viviene · 30/10/2018 21:25

Sorry I can only laugh at the beard of spots, I'm the same at the moment.
I can join in your misery. No idea what to do with them either.

CovenofMiLsfromHades · 30/10/2018 21:28

Im no skin care expert but it sounds like you might be a bit run down in general. Maybe you need to do some sort of healthy eating and get more rest.

Polkapjs · 30/10/2018 21:29

Hmm. It is so like a beard that I had to title it this. Think it’s hormonal or being run down or diet change or maybe lack of alcohol! Been trying to be healthier and booze free. It’s sore though! You have my sympathies

OP posts:
CovenofMiLsfromHades · 30/10/2018 21:30

Haha maybe you should have a medicinal g&t Gin

AtrociousCircumstance · 30/10/2018 21:32

Sulphur soap. It’s amazing. I started getting cystic lump type spots for the first time (cheers hormones...) and sulphur soap cleared my skin up so quickly.

Unfortunately it smells hideous and leaves a lingering odour. So I’m only going to use it now and then, although I’d love to use it twice a day.

You can order it on amazon. It’s cheap.

Polkapjs · 30/10/2018 21:51

Interesting. What moisturiser afterwards? Sulphur as in eggy trumps?Shock

OP posts:
AtrociousCircumstance · 30/10/2018 22:00

Yes, exactly that! Unfortunately. I absolutely love the effects (and right from the first use your skin feels so much better, smoother and it breaks down crap in your pores) but the smell is hard to accept.

I sloughed a mixture of lemon juice and baking soda over my face afterwards to try to remove the stink but it only partially worked Confused

AtrociousCircumstance · 30/10/2018 22:02

Maybe give it a try and use it until your beard Grin has gone - and then reduce?

AtrociousCircumstance · 30/10/2018 22:03

And I just used my usual moisturiser in the morning afterwards.

Almondio · 30/10/2018 22:12

I used to get these when I had a Mirena coil and figured they were hormone related. I no longer have a coil, and haven't had the spots since I had it removed. Could the coil or pill be the cause for you?

Babysharkdoodoodoodo · 30/10/2018 22:18

I have the same. In 'permanent ' menopause thanks to aromasin post great cancer. Really painful lumps all round my chin area. Been using some peroxide cream I got in a Target, but that's running low and I can't find similar over here.
I start 4 on, 4 off shifts in the new year so I might give the sulfur soap on my off days.

Babysharkdoodoodoodo · 30/10/2018 22:19

'breast' NOT great. D'oh.

AtrociousCircumstance · 30/10/2018 22:20

Give it a try babyshark - I’ve found it so effective.

Flowers for your recovery Smile

alizarincrimson · 30/10/2018 22:21

Babyshark - if by “over here” you mean the UK, Boots sell Acnecide which is 5% benzoyl peroxide and I find it pretty good. It makes your face a bit dry for a few days but that stops.

Polkapjs · 30/10/2018 22:23

Baby shark - sending you Flowerstoo

OP posts:
Polkapjs · 30/10/2018 22:24

Is there a link to the whiffy soap please?

OP posts:
Ifkip · 30/10/2018 22:26

I had this issue for years and definitely related to my cycle (in other words it was hormonal). I always felt really run down and miserable too. Plus when they finally cleared up I'd was left with scars. Anyhow I started using duac cream and it cleared up in no time. If the occasional spot comes back I just dab some duac on it. You need a prescription for it in the UK. You can buy it over the counter in Spain if you know anyone going on holiday there! I couldn't be bothered going to the gp so I got it from an online pharmacy.

OoohAyyye · 30/10/2018 22:27

Going through similar OP, it sucks doesn't it! Mine are erupting and therefore difficult to stop spreading and it all started after I went back on the pill!

AtrociousCircumstance · 30/10/2018 22:34

Here you go Polkaljs -

www.whytheface.co.uk/keep-it-clean/

You can get it via amazon prime.

AtrociousCircumstance · 30/10/2018 22:37

I mean Polkapjs Smile

OHolyNightOwl · 31/10/2018 00:13

I can't recommend Paula's Choice 2% BHA liquid or gel enough. You will notice a difference in a week.

Don’t want to miss threads like this?

Weekly

Sign up to our weekly round up and get all the best threads sent straight to your inbox!

You've subscribed!

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.