My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

For beauty and fashion style advice, join in our Style forum chat.

Style & Beauty

What the hell is wrong with my forehead?

22 replies

Bootsuit · 18/10/2018 17:24

My forehead is constantly dry, flaky and bumpy.

I can't wear foundation as it is just a horrible flaky mess.

I've tired hydrocortisone, aqueous cream, E45, Euercin, hydromol, dermol, child's farm moisturiser, aveeno and had a glycerin peel. Nothing worked!

I'm in my mid thirties, my skin verges on dry but I don't have any other skin conditions.

Please mumsnet, help!

OP posts:
orcani · 18/10/2018 17:24

Squalane from The Ordinary.

tigerlionness · 18/10/2018 17:25

could it be rosacea?

Bootsuit · 18/10/2018 17:34

If it is rosacea would it be worth getting a referral to a dermatologist?

OP posts:
MerryDeath · 18/10/2018 21:43

What are you using on your hair? Do you have a fringe?

Bootsuit · 19/10/2018 10:19

I have a fringe and I have been using dry shampoo on it. Maybe that is the culprit? I've had a fringe nearly all my life, this forehead thing has cropped up in the last couple of years? Sometimes it's just a little patch in the middle but like today it's spread across my whole forehead.

OP posts:
cathyandclare · 19/10/2018 11:08

Could it be seborrhoeic dermatitis? Any dandruff too or redness/flaking around the nose?

If it is, sometimes using an anti-dandruff shampoo on your scalp and forehead can help. More info here

Bootsuit · 19/10/2018 12:48

Yes! I have flaking around my nose too and I have to use head and shoulders. I can go a couple of washes with normal shampoo but then my scalp gets itchy?

OP posts:
Dontfeellikeaskeleton · 19/10/2018 12:51

That looks like an allergic reaction... As pps said, probably dry shampoo, hairspray, shampoo etc. Try to avoid getting suds on your forehead.

bigsighall · 19/10/2018 13:18

Mine looks the same :( saw the dr and he wasn’t overly helpful. He thought it was that chicken skin thing but I have white bumps too so I don’t think it’s that. I’ve tried everything. Nothing seems to work. Mine started about 3 years ago

cathyandclare · 19/10/2018 13:43

Sounds like seb term then. Try Nizoral shampoo, Head and Shoulders or Selsun on all the areas. The link I gave says:

For the scalp: Alternate between using your regular shampoo and a medicated dandruff shampoo. If you are African American, wash with the medicated shampoo once weekly. Taper off as your symptoms improve.
For the body: Wash daily with a gently cleanser that has 2% zinc pyrithione, followed by a moisturizer.

But go and have a chat with your GP if the shampoos don't help.

cathyandclare · 19/10/2018 13:43

Seb. derm

DontFundHate · 19/10/2018 13:57

Following with interest. I have the same, have always has it from what I can remember. Also have dry skin generally (nothing too bad) and dry nose. Wonder what it is!

Bootsuit · 19/10/2018 18:51

I'm going to try the nizoral shampoo as a skin cleanser and report back.

OP posts:
agentdaisy · 19/10/2018 19:22

It looks like rosacea to me. My forehead looks the same during a flare-up and I get dry skin around my nose and cheekbones.

I use Rosex cream and it usually clears up within two weeks but can take longer if its a really bad flare-up.

huggybear · 19/10/2018 19:34

I have exactly the same! Nothing had helped.

DontFundHate · 19/10/2018 19:50

You sound just like me op. I also have to use an anti dandruff

My plan is to use a cleanser with zinc and moisturise with salicyclic acid on my forehead. I have found clean and clear and simple do things like this, feels like being a teen again! Please do report back, I'll give this a go for a week or so?

DontFundHate · 19/10/2018 19:51

It definitely sounds like seb derm

bigsighall · 19/10/2018 20:59

What is seb derm and how do u treat? Pls :)

Bootsuit · 17/11/2018 14:52

Update

I've cleansed my face twice a week with Nizoral and can report that there's not been a significant change. Slightly less bumpy but still flaky and red.

Back to the drawing board

OP posts:
Lorelaithe1st · 17/11/2018 14:55

I have bumpy/dryness on my forehead too and have used La Roche Posay effaclar duo which has helped.

Bootsuit · 17/11/2018 15:01

I'll try some rosecea products and report back again. My first product I'm going to trial is Rosex. Crosses fingers!

OP posts:
BiscuitDrama · 17/11/2018 15:01

I get flakey around my nose and mouth, so not quite the same, but I found a toner/cleanser with salycili or glycolic acid in helped, am currently using Nip/Fab pads.
I also found SLS free shampoo helped, i have tried and liked Jason, Faith in Nature, Avalon and Aubrey organics and liked them all:

www.gentlebubbles.com/buy-phthalate-free-products/sulfate-paraben-phthalate-free-shampoo/

Don’t want to miss threads like this?

Weekly

Sign up to our weekly round up and get all the best threads sent straight to your inbox!

You've subscribed!

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.