My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

For beauty and fashion style advice, join in our Style forum chat.

Style and beauty

Authenticating a vintage designer bag online?

5 replies

amandadecamembert · 15/10/2018 20:56

I've come across a bag I like the look of but no idea how to go about authenticating it. I've asked for more photos and I've googled the seller's id and did a search on Purseforum and found no complaints. I've asked for more photos. Anything else I should be doing? It's quite an old style of bag and not one that seems liable to be copied a lot fwiw. Happy to pay for the service but so far not enough photos to do so.
Any advice welcome.

OP posts:
SpeckledyHen · 15/10/2018 21:01

Authenticate4u.com is the company to help you .Or The relevant sub-forum on The Purse Forum .

amandadecamembert · 15/10/2018 22:16

Thanks. Purseforum has a very stringent set of requirements and I find it a bit terrifying there at the moment I just have a few pics (waiting for seller to let me know if they'll send more). So on reflection maybe the real problem is that the seller hasn't really stepped up with sufficient info or images which I guess is cause for concern.

OP posts:
Tisthedev · 15/10/2018 22:21

If they won't send extra pics or are avoiding answering any (reasonable) questions then yes, probably best to avoid.

A poor listing by itself doesn't automatically mean anything.

MenaMecca · 15/10/2018 22:33

Authenticate4U will also need pictures. But yes, I agree, if you have the necessary pics, A4U is the site to go to.

amandadecamembert · 15/10/2018 23:27

Tisthedev sure, that's true; it's a professional seller though, and she sells a lot of vintage designer stuff. We'll see what she says. It's an old style and not in keeping with what you'd expect from the brand so maybe not worth the time iyswim.

Good to know, thanks for the recommendation.

OP posts:
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.